Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Fc Tb
Can anybody give me some pointers? I got mine in the mail today and can't wait to put it on!!!
Run your car, not your mouth
It's very simple, no real tricks.

Remove the entire intake tube so you got better access to the TB.

There are 4 torx bolts that hold the stock TB down, you need those for the new TB.

Make sure you put the TPS on the new TB in the correct holes. There are several choices depending on make and model.

Make sure you do the ECU reset (unplug your negative terminal for 15-20 minutes)

Make sure you align the new gasket correctly cause it can be off centered and you'll get a 'whistling' sound if it's not on perfectly.

If you get a very high and unstable idle, you either put the TPS in the wrong holes or what you can do is turn it completely 180 degrees around and make sure it goes in the corresponding holes and that will work (read this on FF and FJ and had to do this myself).

Other then that, you'll have to sorta 'relearn' to drive if you have a MTX cause the pedal catches slightly when you first push it down, common thing with the FC 65mm TB's so nothing out of the ordinary so if that happens, and it will, it's just like that.

Good Luck on your install, I have installed them several times, got it down to about a 5 minute process to install and then the waiting time for the ECU to reset.

If you have any questions, email me at s2steeda@yahoo.com as I got TONS of pics on the install and things like that.
Here is a good HOW TO.....

http://www.myzx3.com/how-to/65mm.htm

As well the pic below is that thing about the TPS and which holes it needs to be put in.

[Image: 02tb-holes.jpg]
glad to here you got it.
'03 Focus SVT
Woah. I don't have that many holes on the side of mine!!!

I have an 02 automatic, and yet I don't have teh holes at 12 and 6 oclock!!! What the hell?
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Mar 9 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:Woah. I don't have that many holes on the side of mine!!!

I have an 02 automatic, and yet I don't have teh holes at 12 and 6 oclock!!! What the hell?
[right][snapback]92496[/snapback][/right]

You're screwed man, won't work.

Might as well sell it to me.
ZOOM,Mar 9 2005, 10:11 PM Wrote:Woah. I don't have that many holes on the side of mine!!!

[right][snapback]92496[/snapback][/right]

You may have a TB that was built prior to the 2002 model year? Nobody knew Ford was going to upgrade the stock TB for that model year.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I'll swap you tb's if you like, i've got a silver tb.