Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self Serve Car Wash Bays
I asked this last fall but i'm hoping to get some more detailed answers. Where are some DIY or self-serve car wash bays in toronto/gta?

Can i bring my own supplies (ie. car soap, wash mitt, towels, and car wax) or do they make you use their soap and tools only??

Having never been to a car wash bay before, im guessing you basically pay for the water (or time?) like coin operated $2 per minute of water? or something.

I did a search online and it's very hard to find them! They're always those touchless car washes as self-serve lol. No, i want to do everything by hand. My hand.

I found one at 2059 Victoria Park: website: http://www.quarum.com but i don't know if its closed down or what.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
I used one in markham once in a blue moon.....To be hoens ti hate them...can never get anything done in time....so i have to buy water again
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
how much was the water? and the rate?

I figure you only need the water 2 times. 1st time to rinse it , then 2nd time to rinse down the soap.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
I use the self serve at the corner of Dundas & Mavis next to the Canadin Tire.

You can't bring your own washing equipment, but the price is reasonable for what it is. I use $8 to wash the Fusion including going over the car with the "foaming brush" (You can probably get away with $6 with the Focus and being able to move properly ;))

There's also a DIY in Aurora off Wellington (The cross street is Marcy St. IIRC) that I've used, the advantage to that one is that they have a rinse agent option at the end that causes the water to just fall off the car.

Those are two that I like that give me good results (Though in both cases the vaccuums they have are really bad and don't pick up anything)

NefCanuck
cornflakes,Apr 23 2009, 02:31 PM Wrote:I asked this last fall but i'm hoping to get some more detailed answers.  Where are some DIY or self-serve car wash bays in toronto/gta?

Can i bring my own supplies (ie. car soap, wash mitt, towels, and car wax) or do they make you use their soap and tools only??

Having never been to a car wash bay before, im guessing you basically pay for the water (or time?) like coin operated $2 per minute of water? or something.

I did a search online and it's very hard to find them! They're always those touchless car washes as self-serve lol.  No, i want to do everything by hand. My hand.

I found one at 2059 Victoria Park: website: http://www.quarum.com but i don't know if its closed down or what.
[right][snapback]285687[/snapback][/right]

There's a DIY on Victoria Park between Ellesmere and Finch. It has about 5 double-bays, with all the stuff you would find @ a regular car wash.Maintained very well and kept clean. Very busy on the weekends. The bay also comes equipped with an "air" nozzle so you can quickly air dry your car. Cost is $3.00 a cycle, each cycles last for aprox. 3 minutes. They also have shop/vac style vacuums on the property also with a steam clean type of vacuum as well.

Now--- most of the DIY bays/carwashes do not permit "bucket" washing. They want you in and out a.s.a.p. Double check the bay before you enter your vehicle into the bay. By this I mean check the brushes before washing your car with it. There are some people out there that actually wash their engines with these brushes and thats all you need to do is rub somebody's oil and gunk onto your ride.

If you can spare the time, go late @ night when the bays aren't in use. I use to do that and brought my own bucket lol. Late at night I use to rinse down my car, and at the same time fill up my bucket with soapy water and "go to town" without being pestered by other people/management. :ph34r:
U can use a bucket.... Just go later at night.
Here are some that I remember (they may not be still in operation):

Bayview & Major Mackenzie NW corner (Richmond Hill)
North side of Dundas Street East just as you cross into Mississauga from Etobicoke (Mississauga)
Weston Road just south of 401 west side (Toronto)
Bathurst Street NE of Dupont (Toronto)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Heres a helpfull hint. When putting the soap on your car, wait till you have 20 seconds left on the foamer brush, then put as much foam as possibly on the top of the car, and on the hood/windows, then when the time runs out, you do not stick another loonie in the slot yet.. use the existing soap suds on the vehicle, and the scrubbing brush to clean your wheels, tires, fenders, weel liners, bumpers, head lights, etc... while you still have the suds available on your car. you can really stretch your dollars this way then when you have finally scrubbed the sh1t out of your car, you can toss in another loonie and put the selector switch on rinse or wax and clean off all the soap suds and you will have a squeeky clean car. My friends usually gets away with 5 minutes of scrubbing the car with the existing foam, hes saved a good 6 bucks in change on the co-in op wash bays this way.

My other ride is your Mom
Theres a really good one at Keele and Eglinton and one on Dundas around Scarlet as well and i usally go to the one on Albion just east of hwy 27 on my way home from work. As for bringing your own stuff if its busy its a big no no pple will start beeping at you and going crazy even if you use the foam brush like paolo said my suggestion to you if you really want to bring your own stuff and take your time Go late at night or during a weekday while most pple are at work.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I NEVER use the brushes at carwash bays on anything other than my stock rims or tires (even then I sometimes don't bother). I only use the high powered soap, rinse, and wax. I then take my ride out on the highway and blowdry it that way. When I get home, I use diaper cloths and bug/tar remover in a spray, wipe the truck down with the diaper cloths, and then again with microfibre. Then I hand wax the truck with Either Turtlewax ICE, or Turtlewax Platinum paste, then remove it with microfibre cloths.

Good car washes in Ottawa...

Glebe Car Wash on Glebe, Forget the name of it, but there is a carwash on the street that runs from Clyde to Kirkwood behind Canadian tire and Campbell Ford, across the street from the Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership overstock lot.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
paolo,Apr 23 2009, 08:38 PM Wrote:Heres a helpfull hint.  When putting the soap on your car, wait till you have 20 seconds left on the foamer brush, then put as much foam as possibly on the top of the car, and on the hood/windows, then when the time runs out, you do not stick another loonie in the slot yet.. use the existing soap suds on the vehicle, and the scrubbing brush to clean your wheels, tires, fenders, weel liners, bumpers, head lights, etc... while you still have the suds available on your car.  you can really stretch your dollars this way then when you have finally scrubbed the sh1t out of your car, you can toss in another loonie and put the selector switch on rinse or wax and clean off all the soap suds and you will have a squeeky clean car.  My friends usually gets away with 5 minutes of scrubbing the car with the existing foam, hes saved a good 6 bucks in change on the co-in op wash bays this way.
[right][snapback]285707[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to try this.

As for the brushes beast.... just spray them out before you use them.

I prefer doing it at home, but this time of year I have yet to drag the hose and pressure washer out. There is a half decent coin op on Lawerance around Midland. I can do the car for around $6. It also has a large parking lot which gives you lots of space to pull out and dry off. It hasn't been to busy yet this year. No waiting.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
The best one that I know of is Cawthra and Queensway behind the Sunoco gas station....$8 gives you 20min....It has pre soak, rinse, wax, rim cleaner,soap spray, brush, spot free rinse, and a separate gun for Triple wax boo ya.

I always use my own soap, bucket and glove when I go.

Check this wash bay out....Oh and don't go on the weekend very very busy.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
yeah Cathra and Queensway Kar Wash (with a K) is good, my deadbeat cousin works there. Ask for Mario, tell him Paul sent ya!
My other ride is your Mom
There is one on Finch right after Weston Road (after McDonalds and BK) Pretty decent. $2 for 2 minutes and they have everything a regular car wash has. I've used a bucket with my soap before without a problem.
I only use these self serve bays to rinse off salt int he winter, that's it. Most of them have brushes that will swirl/scratch the s**t out of your paint. If you do use them, bring your own brush/wash mit, never use tehir brushes, you never know what the previous 1000 people used it for.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I'm with Nate on this one, I have used car wash bays... and even the brushes before, but I would not recommend it. Too often I see 4x4's in there cleaning off tons of mud, all that crap is definitely stuck in the brush.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
[Image: cardiac-paddles.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *