Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo Chip Vs Superchip
Anyone have any links that desribe the difference btwn the 2 chips? Which chip is better? Why?
Hedman Header
Hi/Flo Cat
Custom Dual Exhaust (Engine Back - 2.5"Wink
Diablo Chip (re-programmed)
APC Brake Lights are off, back to stock
OEM Aftermarket Zenon Headlights
Wings West BodyKit
FK Automotive Suspension
Front and Rear Camber Kit
17" American Racing XComp Rims
Fuzion ZRi Summer Tires
Speedhut Indiglo Dash
Steeda Shift knob and accsessories switches
JVC Head Unit
12 Disc CD Changer
Bazooka Base Tube
Injen Cold Air Intake
Progress Competition 22mm Swaybar

http://www.pbase.com/myfordfocus2/inbox
SCT seems to be the rising chip of choice.
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Feb 19 2005, 03:01 AM Wrote:SCT seems to be the rising chip of choice.
[right][snapback]87527[/snapback][/right]
I would agree, contact steeda.ca for a sct tuned chip 4 settings.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I think both chips can achieve the same result. I switched from diablo to sct, simply because I could get someone to create a custom tune for SCT. In ontario there are many places that can create a custom tune on a dyno for SCT. But I was not able to find anybody using diablo that could create me a custom tune.
I prefer the SCT flash for that OEM quality.

but I'm also a reflash whore, and removing the chip would be a pain in the ass.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I just picked up a SCT chip from FocusSport.......

I wouldn't go with anything else, the Diablo is old skool now with the advances that have come out with the SCT.
the diff is minimal.

Diablo software is much better to tune with than the SCT stuff.
The Diablo Pred's are better hand held units than the SCT flashers as the preds offer a built in datalogger and the ability to adust your programs.

the big difference between the chips is who tuned them. a SCT chip tuned by Steeda.ca may be very different from one tuned by FS or McNews.
ZX3TUNING,Feb 20 2005, 05:10 PM Wrote:the diff is minimal.

Diablo software is much better to tune with than the SCT stuff.
The Diablo Pred's are better hand held units than the SCT flashers as the preds offer a built in datalogger and the ability to adust your programs.
[right][snapback]88127[/snapback][/right]
....well by experience, the D.Revolution seems way harder to program than the SCT. I guess it's like any CPU based equipement, it just takes time before knowing all the ways to mess with it.

I also noticed that the D.Revolution came with different channels but there is no actual way to know by the switch which program you are in. So basically, you need to wire a LED to show the difference.

On a last note, it seems that SCT releases more updated versions than D.R does.

Peace...
[Image: Copy2ofKarlitosig.jpg]
S2,Feb 19 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:I just picked up a SCT chip from FocusSport.......

I wouldn't go with anything else, the Diablo is old skool now with the advances that have come out with the SCT.
[right][snapback]87670[/snapback][/right]

Your kidding right ?

Why is Diablo "Old school" and what advances does SCT have the diablo does have , Having both softwares i can name MANY that Diablo has that SCT does not

Tom
Vassili95,Feb 21 2005, 06:42 PM Wrote:....well by experience, the D.Revolution seems way harder to program than the SCT. I guess it's like any CPU based equipement, it just takes time before knowing all the ways to mess with it.

I also noticed that the D.Revolution came with different channels but there is no actual way to know by the switch which program you are in. So basically, you need to wire a LED to show the difference.

On a last note, it seems that SCT releases more updated versions than D.R does.

Peace...
[right][snapback]88321[/snapback][/right]

Way harder to program how on earth can you say that , If you want -10% you put a 10 in the box and hit - with the diablo , With the SCT you have to hit .90 oh wait or was that 1.10

On stabelized open loop fuel all the math in the Diablo is done if you want to hit 12.5 you put 12.5 in the SCT you have to do math to convert your AF to lambda , than lambda back to AF

And it goes on and on , more math to do more conversions to do , In the Chipmaster Revolution all the math is dont and all the conversions are dont

As for updates , If for some reason it wasent there i make the changes needed or contact Diablo and they jump right on it

Tom
ya all over that s**t like mirco on a boston creme do nut
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]