Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta Problem Need Help
OK as you guys know I moved my system around. Now when I connect the remote wire on my system my subwoofer amp starts making this high pitched buzzing sound. I tried moving the grounds around, nothing happened. I tried taking the capacitor out of the circuit; nothing happened. Now I'm lost on what to do and I still have this buzzing sound. Someone help!
have you checked if any of your wires were pinched, cut or crossed. are the wires cut to the exact length. because if your power wire is rolled up it could cause interference
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I have to agree sounds like a loose ground or a loop, all of your amps are grounded to the same location?

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
All the wires are tight. My ampas are grounded at either side of the hatch but my capacitor is grounded about 5" away from my subwoofer amp. I sanded the paint down like crazy so there is bare metal in the trunk.
Are your RCA cables running near your speaker wires?
are the amps screwed to the seat... try taking the amp off the seat and see if the noise is still there. My rockford amp always made a hi-pitched whining noise but its been working fine for the last 3 years.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Feb 16 2005, 01:27 PM Wrote:are the amps screwed to the seat... try taking the amp off the seat and see if the noise is still there. My rockford amp always made a hi-pitched whining noise but its been working fine for the last 3 years.
[right][snapback]86871[/snapback][/right]

No the amp is screwed into a wall of mdf on the side of my trunk.
I went out again tonight and fiddled around with the system. I tried moving the grounds around, I tried disconnecting the RCA cables, and I tried removing the capacitor again. What did I achieve.....NOTHING! I noticed though that it only does this buzzing when the car is running. The 4 channel JL amp is hooked up the same way and it works perfectly fine. Also when there's a bass note the buzzing goes away for that note then comes back when there's no bass. I'm wondering if there something wrong with my amp? Should I take my amp to a JL Dealer and see what they say?
Do you have a portable player (ie IPOD) (may need to get the earphone to RCA cable) if your near scarborough I can help you with this) If you do try to hook it up to the amp and see if this eliminates the noise. Make sure to hook it up as close to the amp as possible and do not use the RCA cables from your deck. Try this with the car running, if the noise is gone the problem is either RCA cables or the outputs on the deck. Now did you tighten the chasis grounds and alternator leads under the hood? I know on GMs this is a big problem. You may even want to upgrage the ground from the alternator to the battery and the chassis ground.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
I wrote the big three thread so ya I did the ground upgrade. I went to a JL dealer and he said to try and move the amp away from where it currently is because there might be something in the area where I have it that may be causing interference. I'm gonna try this and if this doesn't fix it then I think i'm just gonna give up and sell the car or drive it off a cliff.
The Barret Jackson Auction I noticed many older cars 60 70 vintage curled up the wire from the alternator someone on the show asked why? the answer was noise supression . You may need some noise inhibiter added to the mix.

Hey Malby didn't you just work on the alterntor recently?!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Penwraith,Mar 3 2005, 05:38 AM Wrote:The Barret Jackson Auction I noticed many older cars 60 70 vintage curled up the wire from the alternator someone on the show asked why? the answer was noise supression . You may need some noise inhibiter added to the mix.

Hey Malby didn't you just work on the alterntor recently?!
[right][snapback]90929[/snapback][/right]

I used the big three to improve the grounds. Once I did this the system was still mounted to the back of my seats and there was no noise. The noise occured once I moved the amp to the rear wall. When you put the hatchlid on and start driving it seems to go away. I think it has to do a lot with the cold.

I believe this because I've never run my sub when it's below 10 degrees, so I've never encountered this problem. I don't hear the noise once the car is warm inside. We'll see in the spring what happens.
Would the fuel pump cause problems with the signal buzzing?
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...