Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights At Night
I have a question on regards to lit-up controls

Are the cruise control, power lock switches and trunk release buttons soppose to be lit up? :blink:

Thanks.
Cruz'n the West Coast
Dunno about cruise (don't have it) but definitely no for the trunk release. As for power door locks, I'll have to check that tonight :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I think I remember reading somewhere that the power door lock switches are lighted on some models, but then Ford cheaped out and didnt hook them up on later models. I think it was on FocalJet that someone put some LEDs in there so they light up.

Not sure about cruise control since I dont have it, but I dont think the hatch release button is supposed to light up (dont know if the sedan's trunk release would be any different).
Well seeing how I've had two loaded models of focus with all the options in the Sport SE I can tell you in this order.

Power window & the light swtich to turn on the lights (ie. parking lights / full lights etc..) all thes Switches light up at sundown or when it's starting to get dark.
Power door locks - don't light up at all it's just white paint on black plastic
Trunk release - it could be lit up, but it's not wired to do that on the domestic focus
cruise control - Dose not light up on the Focus models, they can be wired up to light up like on the Explour, Ranger, and a few other ford cars / trucks equiped with this feature.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
you can add light to the power door lock switches by tapping in to the power window switch, the lights are already in the switch, but not connected.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Feb 2 2005, 08:40 PM Wrote:you can add light to the power door lock switches by tapping in to the power window switch, the lights are already in the switch, but not connected.
[right][snapback]82933[/snapback][/right]

Yep, we did that last year paul
paolo,Feb 2 2005, 06:40 PM Wrote:you can add light to the power door lock switches by tapping in to the power window switch, the lights are already in the switch, but not connected.

Is that for real? :blink: I guess I would have to pull off the door panel for that eh? <_<
Cruz'n the West Coast
bcfocus,Feb 3 2005, 08:50 PM Wrote:
paolo,Feb 2 2005, 06:40 PM Wrote:you can add light to the power door lock switches by tapping in to the power window switch, the lights are already in the switch, but not connected.

Is that for real? :blink: I guess I would have to pull off the door panel for that eh? <_<
[right][snapback]83208[/snapback][/right]
no not necessarily, the inner panel comes out seperately with the lock/window switches, so just take that out
My other ride is your Mom
Cruz'n the West Coast
paolo,Feb 3 2005, 11:34 PM Wrote:
bcfocus,Feb 3 2005, 08:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]83208[/snapback][/right]
no not necessarily, the inner panel comes out seperately with the lock/window switches, so just take that out
[right][snapback]83283[/snapback][/right]

Anybody got a "how too" on this?