Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Won't Start...
sweetg,Jan 12 2005, 03:29 AM Wrote:Normally to start a car u got to have a min. of 9.6v. But since u got all this extra things hooked up might need that extra juice. But  any thing above 10v should be good. boost the battery at the battery post nothing will happen. Run the car for a min. of 5-10 min, and see if the car starts again. If it does ur good if not u need a new battery.
good luck
[right][snapback]78501[/snapback][/right]

Oh, a car will start down to 9 volts... but it's more about the available current. With only one person there (me), it was hard to have the voltmeter up on the terminals and turning the ignition at the same time.

I'm sure the voltage would have dropped to zero.

Just compound that 'unloaded' voltage reading with the dead battery indicator, and a car that refuses to start, and I'm certain it's the battery that's dead.

I wouldn't mind giving it another try for a boost.. maybe I should have held onto that power pack for ya 2001 ZTS :P

actually.. do any of those packs allow you to recharge the car via the cigarrette lighter?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Flofocus,Jan 12 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:I dont get it.  My car sits in a cold garage, sometimes a month going by without being started.  I've never had any problems starting the car.  Same Battery since Nov 00.

<_<

and your in a heated garage....its weird to me.
[right][snapback]78551[/snapback][/right]

Have you got an alarm on your car? Does it have features like motion sensor, paging or parameter scanning.................This kinda s**t kills the battery.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jan 12 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 12 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:I dont get it.  My car sits in a cold garage, sometimes a month going by without being started.  I've never had any problems starting the car.  Same Battery since Nov 00.

<_<

and your in a heated garage....its weird to me.
[right][snapback]78551[/snapback][/right]

Have you got an alarm on your car? Does it have features like motion sensor, paging or parameter scanning.................This kinda s**t kills the battery.
[right][snapback]78573[/snapback][/right]

yup, yup,

and yup

I know you do Steve, I was asking flo!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I have an alarm, but not with all that fancy stuff. Well maybe parameter....is that when it makes cool sounds when somebody stays around your car for a while?

I have a big black dog for all that other stuff. :lol: (In case Dean is watching :P )
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
meford4u,Jan 12 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:I know you do Steve, I was asking flo!
[right][snapback]78577[/snapback][/right]

oops sorry.. my bad.

but yeah.. my car pretty much does everything except greet you by name..