Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem With The Dealership...
And then egg the place before you drive off
Oh sumthing nice i noticed today, they used seat wrapping and paper floor mats on the car today :) So in total, since last thursday, i have gone to the dealership 4 times (twice on thurs, once friday, and once today) Tomorrow, will be talking to service manager...I'll post what happens here :)
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
FINALLY!! the lugs are all fixed!! In total, i have went to the dealership 4 times about the lugs, 5 times including the initial time i went for the service + oil change.

So i go to the dealership today, my service guy wasn't there, the service manager wasn't there either. So i went over and talked to this woman. She has been calling my house a few times now about if i was satisfied with my service, i never replied. So i went into her office, introduce myself so she knows who i am, and started to tell her the story. BTW, i think she is better than the "service manager", she was called "Customer coordinator" or sumthing like that B) . Anyway, i started to tell her the story from the very start. Before i even finished my story, my usual service guy comes into the office... "Mr. X, could i have the keys to your car please. I didn't know you were here, why didn't you call?" In a pretty nice way, so i gave him the keys and went with him before i could even finish my story. Anyway, i think i got the point over about all the hassle i went though, i wanted her to come out and look at all the missing lugs and ask if she would be happy about it...but didn't get a chance.

So i followed the service guy who had a older more experience mechanic with him at the time. He told me he wasn't a mechanic so he doesn't know what to do with the lugs so he asked me to talk to the mechanic about everything. *Sigh...so there i start again telling the story...This was a great mechanic, unlike those co-op students who just knows how to nod their heads, this mechanic was really good. He told me that the lug covers does in fact come off often in the history of the Focus. He told me that he would personally put in the lugs manually and not use an impact gun. I was happy :). So the car was fixed in less than 15 mins and i was happy, service guy was happy, and im on my way :) Ofcourse, i just had to go pull on every single lug before i left again :) hehe this time, they all stayed.

I really didn't want to file a complaint to Ford because its just a few simple lugs and i didn't want anyone to get fired because of that...Anyway, everything is fixed now, the woman said she'll write my opinion down.
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto

..........and the lesson is:

Buy a jack, a stand and a torque wrench. It will pay for itself inside in a year or so.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
God, am I the only one who is glad this is now over with?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Heh, that was a hell of a pain in the ass for a few cosmetic lug nuts. But I totally understand what you mean and I would have done the same thing. If the service department damages your car, they're responsible for fixing it.. and you cant leave until you're satisfied.

A couple lug nuts arent really a big deal, but it's the principle of the thing. If the service guy is going to jerk you around over something small like that, what's going to happen if they really do something bad?
Anybody want to have some fun, i've got some lugs with the caps that come off :P

Id go but I no longer have warranty.
hardk0re/s2,Nov 17 2004, 05:52 PM Wrote:Anybody want to have some fun, i've got some lugs with the caps that come off  :P

Id go but I no longer have warranty.
[right][snapback]70330[/snapback][/right]

LoL, those lugs costs like $6.80 each! i see why the dealership charged Ford Canada for 20 when my car only holds 16...i paid $240 for that 3rd service which included brakes clean, and rotate tires...don't know how it costs $240...Mazda, owned by Ford...charges $80 for brake clean, $15 for tire rotate, $30 oil change...its still cheaper than ford's current free oil change for 3 yrs deal...lol anyway, everything is fixed now so i'll stop whining..

i'm with Andrew on that, my mechanic charges me 10 for rotation and 10 for oil change when i bring my own synthetic oil and filter,
total cost
5.40 oil filter from FORD
29.99 Mobil 1 synthetic from crappy tire
10 tire rotation
10oil change

total : 55.39

BTW what the hell is brake cleaning?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I believe its when they take your brake apart and clean the interior...it is suppose to get rid of some squeal noice...but there are still some during rainy days on my car

Try Yorkdale Ford. Oil change, tire rotation, fluids top-up, brake inspection: 39.99. Always.

Is true that last year they forgot to put back the oil cap...