Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where To Get Mach Hids In Canada
This might be my next project;

is it possible to get them by part number in Canada or is the Ford ban still in effect?

Does this ban also affect the Ford Racing kit?

Any recommended source?

(I've seen them pop up on eBay once in a while, but few ship to Canada).
If you were REALLY buddy bubby with your Canadian Ford dealer it would be possible but I mean REALLY buddy buddy as if he trusts you enough to never mention his name in court, not likely. The clamp down is so hard you'd have to be a relative of a Ford Canada VP near as I can tell.

Your only option is someone in the US be it a dealer or someone to buy and ship it too you. Just a relative or friend would do. I'm thinking about getting someone in the US to order me Impreza STi HID's, same deal as here: "US only" due to DRL's.

Whatever happens it will be expensive compared to the deal (pricing error) when they first came out! That was increadible! Cheaper than stock at the time even with 60 cents to a $US.

naz lives in New Jersey maybe he'd arrange for a small fee? Try the WTB.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I see dansmurf lurking. He used to work for a Ford dealer in Buffalo. Maybe he could help??
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
The man has the facts down right.

Only thing is you should be warned about the tabs that break during packing/shipping. Especially if you're paying the big dollar amount they're worth ordering from an American source, make sure they check the tabs, and repack them so they wont break when they ship them to you. When I got mine from my dealership before the price jump, it took 5 units shipped before I actually got a set with the corner mounting tabs unbroken.
You should be able to purchase The Ford Racing HID kit without any problems. I think it even comes with the harness that all of us here were making on our own.
My other ride is your Mom
Thanks guys!

I'm well aware of the breaking tabs fiasco during transport, and ordering over the border is a ha$$le at best, so that's why I'm looking for a canadian source.

Looks like the Ford Racing set is my best bet (hopefully, Ford Racing designed a new packaging method for shipping).

Yeah, they're more expensive now, but I think it's more of an initial undercharging than an overcharging now.

For the Ford Racing kit, should I expect to pay the full $US MSRP, or do most dealerships charge less than MSRP (I'm not going over it for sure)?

I know http://www.driverfx.ca is an authorized Ford Racing dealer, but they don't seem to carry all parts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody Looking To Buy Mach Hids? SL8RZZX3 4 1,758 01-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Last Post: meford4u