Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got My Ass Kicked Lol
tdot-zx3,Nov 9 2004, 08:02 PM Wrote:*thumbsup* for taking it like a good sport and not running away like normal 'n00bs'..
definitely a *big thumbsup*

you're a bigger man than most.

I've been rude - welcome to the board :)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I can go 250 kph in my car too... And I have.

My.02... I smoked a BMW 540 the other day...

I used to street race all the time when I was younger. Now ...not so much. A little light to light I still do but I seem to let off at a lower speed now. After second gear there is nothing left to prove. You've either won or lost by then.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Nov 9 2004, 05:17 PM Wrote:I can go 250 kph in my car too... And I have.

My.02... I smoked a BMW 540 the other day...

I used to street race all the time when I was younger. Now ...not so much. A little light to light I still do but I seem to let off at a lower speed now.  After second gear there is nothing left to prove. You've either won or lost by then.
Thats exactly how I think.

I "Street Race" all the time, I just never post "kill" or "lose" stories here cuz I know some people are pretty anal about it.

Frig....me and my dad race all the time on the way to Montreal.....makes for a fun drive. :D But I can tell you.....if my dad sees me making stoopid moves like passing when I shouldnt have or riding bumpers, he's the first one to tell me to smarten up. He hasnt had to do that for over 4 years.

Light to light....I ususally shut her down after 100Km/hr....I'm already going 40 over the limit so I let them do the fly by if Im ahead. And I dont waste my time with higher end cars....when my buddy revs on me with his RSX-S.....I laugh, saves me from some future embarassment. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
naz,Nov 7 2004, 06:48 PM Wrote:yes all focus have a top speed limiter.

sounds like that civic had a swap that isn't fully sorted out yet..

welcome
I haven't found the top speed limiter on the ST yet and i've dangled around the 200k mark a few times
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
darkpuppet,Nov 9 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:definitely a  *big thumbsup* 

you're a bigger man than most.

I've been rude - welcome to the board :)
:D

Thanks

Quote:I can go 250 kph in my car too... And I have.

I'd like to drive that fast, but I don't think I'd have tried that in the traffic I was in, while it wasn't a lot, the fact that I could always see a few cars on the road at any time would make me a bit nervous. I often speed, and often get people pulling out in front of me for no reason. They don't look? think I'm going slower? I'm not sure, but I'm generally always ready to mat the brakes if I'm going even slightly to the edge.

Worst ever went like this...

I was doing 120 km/h around the bend around the airport on the 427 and went to take the exit off to Dixon, and hadn't slowed down much and some guy (in a Kia Rio RX-V) cuts across right infront of me doing like 40!! there had to be a car length and a half between me and him and me doing 3 times his speed. Matted the brakes threw the car side ways, slid for a bit, then recovered and stopped at the lights. And then the guy was pissed off at me, yes I was going a bit quick, but it was his mistake not mine.

Now I guess you could say I should have slowed down more, or seen him coming, but he was sitting there, and no signal to change lanes even, it was as if he wanted me to hit him, or didn't see me at all. Oh well, just another one of those times.

Ever had a guy box you in because you were going faster than him? like not neccisarily speeding out of your mind, but just cruising along and he blocks you, then when you goto pass blocks you again etc.. I never understood that. Both times it's happened that I can recall in recent times anyway, it was by guys in SUVs, one an Acura MDX and the other I think a Murano.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
When I see people weaving in and out of traffic without using their turn signal I tend to try to box them in....makes me feel better. :angry:
Why?

I use a signal. Still got boxed in. Though I was weaving, was late for a movie.

Going from Etobicoke to Barrie in 45 minutes is hard.

I don't think I'm going to agree to that again.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
darkpuppet,Nov 9 2004, 08:51 PM Wrote:you're a bigger man than most.
i didn't know you were into that sh!t steve :P

hehe

j/k
naz,Nov 11 2004, 01:08 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Nov 9 2004, 08:51 PM Wrote:you're a bigger man than most.
i didn't know you were into that sh!t steve :P

hehe

j/k
you came back on the board just to post that??:huh:

I'm honoured. <_<

:P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!