Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Focus St On Order
I ordered my Liquid Grey ST this past friday. Should be here in 6-8 weeks.

Only options I ordered was the leather/suede seating and the moonroof.

I didn't want the alarm as the car will be getting a 2way remote start / alarm anyways. Didn't want the side airbags ($500), didn't want the audiophile system as I will be putting my own subs in anyways.

I plan on getting a Marcy Motorsport intake over the winter for performance mods to start. The car will get full tint and the alarm shortly after arrival.

I test drove the car and was very impressed with the responsivness of the engine and suspension. Seems to be a very comfortable car as well.

I will be going from a 1994 SHO (currently for sale) to the Focus. I never was much of a fan of the Focus until I saw and drove the ST. I like the looks of it - very Mondeo like.

I am definately looking forward to using regular gas as opposed to premium and getting some great mileage. Plus with the fast gears / small tires it makes city driving much more enjoyable, especially with a lighter clutch then I am used to.

For those who have gotten these - How are the Pirelli's tires so far? General thoughts on the car?

2005 Focus ST - Liquid Grey w/ leather and moonroof
Marcy Motorsport Hi-Flow Cold Air Intake System
I love my new ford focus!!! LOL

Its a great little car, i'm getting around 520 km per tank of fuel (lead foot) with almost 11km on it now couple little screwy things but nothing needed reapir so far. I've rotated my tires at 10,000km but they actually are supposed to be done at 8000. I burned the fronts down a bit :P

I also wasn't going to buy a focus it was a mustang or a lightning, i had the lightning found and papers in progress, when a ST arrived on the lot so i took it for a boot one afternoon, i was quite suprised at the handling compared to the regular focus, the pep was great and figured its was better on gas and my insurance was the same for a lightning, but that extra say 20 grand i didn't have for the lightning was a smart save.

I'm liking those heated seats in the chilly mornings now and can't wait for some winter sliding, not like i don't slide in the dry, next up i wan't to run some numbers at the track but that may wait till spring, just for a baseline before any mods

Overall - Good car, turns on a dime, zippy and well suited suspension for my ABUSIVE driving style.
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
520km / tank ?!? Wow thats impressive. How many litres do you fill usually? is that city, highway or combined?

I get about 450km / tank out of 60L with the SHO around town lead footed of course and testing the rev limiter daily (just to make sure its working :P ). I have gotten as good as 832km out of 70L with the SHO (driving like a granny on the highway).

thats on about 50L, tank is rated for 53L and both city highway. somtimes its like 490's if i'm beating on her, wait thats all the time
you should see the way crazirich drives, hes a maniac, he gets like 5 feet of air going up hill over train tracks, does 180kmph tail gating at night behind a smoking truck, and he also skidded 150ft with the with traction crontrol on. his name definately suits him.
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
And thats just a slow day LOL, five feet not quite it was only like 2 or so, and it didn't even bottom out, the car is suprisingly well in the air it flies like the wrc car it doesn't really nose dive or ass hang

Video Please :D

Any other impressions of the car?

Likes?

Dislikes?

hmmm, things that i don't like, .... hmmm things that i don't like......not a rwd?? um ahh..... no v8, its been suprisingly good for my first fwd, oh that huge motor mount bang that i have to fix, (re-inforce its not broken) scared the shiat out of me the first time it happened, bump starting in reverse for fun. not much to complain about yet lol. oh non posi sucks for doing burnouts.

Video eh, i usually don't have time for that stuff being late for work usually, or i never have a co-pilot, i do have one driving though flooded road but dial up sucks for putting it on the web

late fir work? lmao, im suprised you even show up to work in the hours your supposed to work. If you want crazirich to be there for 5pm, you tell him noon
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
I picked up my red 2005 ST a few weeks ago. Same options as you. I love it. My first manual transmission. No automatic ever again. Went from a 96 Contour to a 2002 escape now to the 2005 Focus ST. I only have a 40L tank though, whats up with that?? I get about 350 - 370 km. But keep in mind the engine only has 1500 clicks on it. From what I heard it should get better as time goes on.

Theres my thoughts...you ll love it!!

Neo
yah i've had some tanks down in the 350-390 range not as bad as my last one 323 lol big time lead footing it recently with a full car

My car is scheduled for build on the week of Oct 18 and scheduled for delivery the week of Nov 8.

I ordered a Marcy Motorsport intake for it already B)

I am looking into alarms / remote starts and so far it looks like the Compustar is the only choice. Anyone else have a good choices for a 2-way that would work with a standard?
I just had the dealer install an Astrostart... Hey they threw it in for free..cant complain..as far as an alarm goes, I dont really care! If they really want something they are gonna take it> Everyone is so oblivious to car alarms nowadays anyways!

Neo