Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Roadside Repair
Odd thing the focus lately... every once in a while, coming off throttle, the car would stall. It would start back up no problem, and I started contemplating changing my idle speed and double checking idle fuel trims...... and then it happened...

On the way home tonight from my buddy's place, I pushed in the clutch coming up to the intersection 10 blocks away from my place, and the car stalled.

And the car refused to start... UhOH.. light turns green, I'm in the middle lane, time to put the hazzards on.... bet the folks at the bus stop are enjoying the show.

I give the car a minute.. maybe just a heat problem?? i dunno.. no check engine light, try again.. no go.. Ok, time to start working over the obvious problems... what did I touch last?

Check the fuel relay/fuses... hmm..that's fine.. .car still won't start.. one stumble, two stumble, die... hrmmmm..

get onto the ground, check the MAF.. seems plugged in... airfilter is plugged into MAF... hmm..move up the flexpipe to the supercharger inlet... hmmm.. lot more movement in this... try to find the edge, and yup... flexpipe came loose...snugged it up best I could in the dark with no tools and continued.. Drove 2 blocks, dies... was able to pull into parking spot on the road this time... reattach the hose, give her a good twist... and started her back up.

I was fortunately able to get my car home as such, but guess I'll be going downstairs tomorrow to re-tighten that badboy down...errr..up...

guess car can't run if no air goes through the MAF.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

That sucks. That must have been so embarassing and becuase the fact everyon eis probably like Ford broke down lol. At least you got the car home.
I would have been really pissed if I had to call a tow truck.. where would I have them take the car? to my garage? to the dealership?

Man, I really don't want anything happening to the car until I know of a few competent shops nearby that I can turn to in an emergency....

Ya thats the thing about your car. A shop will see that and be like what the hell..
if you had carried a roll of duct tape like any boy scout, you wouldn't have had to stop the second time.
lol
j3rt,May 29 2004, 06:32 PM Wrote:if you had carried a roll of duct tape like any boy scout, you wouldn't have had to stop the second time.
lol
yeah... I might start carrying some 'basic tools' like that with me.

If I had played with my datalogger before hand, I bet I would have seen the computer struggling with the air leak as it tried to hit stoich a/f...