Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Stuff Today
This afternoon I had my car in the shop for the first time (needed new front rotors and a swaybar link), and to kill some time, I went to Audiovibe just down the street. While at Audiovibe, I noticed they had a package deal on that I just couldn't pass up since my stereo up until this afternoon was fully OEM. The package consisted of a 10" Power Acoustik sub, a 1 or 1.5 cu ft sealed box, and a 300 watt Power Acoustik amplifier. After getting the wiring installed, and the amp wired, we tried wiring the sub into 8ohms, then decided to wire both coils together to create a 2ohm mono load. Needless to say, that little setup sounds pretty good in my ZX3, and it didn't cost me a fortune either...everything including taxes and installation only cost me $440 bux. There were some other customers there outside that heard my stereo after it was finished, and they were rather quite surprised that so small an amp and sub box could play so much bass. I know, I know, there's other stuff out there that's better, but I've got a system now that sounds a bit more rounded out, and it's loud enough for my needs. Besides, I need to buy new tires and a new exhaust soon, so I wanted to stay within $500 on the stereo for now. :ph34r:
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
your running this off your stock head unit?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Yup...using the stock head unit, with speaker wires spliced off the rear speakers (at the head unit), and using them to connect to the high level input of my amp. Pretty decent sounding considering it's all small, simple and cheap. I wanted to get JBL stuff (that's what I had in my last 2 cars), but my budget wouldn't allow for it, and I was jonezin for some extra bass...this was the easiest way. The Sub, box, and amp only cost $299, and after installation, a wiring kit, and tax, came to $442 bux. Not too shabby. Plus, the build quality of the sub and amp are really nice for the price paid...just wish the sub was mounted upside down, since it's all chrome plated.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Not bad mate. Hope it works well for ya :)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)