Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Racing Supercharger
just to jump in here ....and I am sure it has been said ....french connection had one on his svt .....it was nice ....the power came on real factory like ....drivablity was fantastic even if the overall power seems to be conservative....

My opinoin on these units has always been that if you want easily obtainable BOLT on performance with next to no issues , the jr might make good sense.....the ownwers will tell you they all like the drivablity of there cars....at tghe end of the day , for some , that is a huge issue rather than having some super peaky high rpm monster that fries clutches , bends fly wheels and screws up fueling maps etc. etc.

my 2 cents
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
Couldn't agree more. I will get a JRSC eventually and for the record I don't think it is over priced either. What it comes down too is I can't afford to be cheap.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
^^^^ thats a great statement and so true ;)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
the JR units have always been a good upgrade however the hp/$ ratio has never been high. that can easily be changed with a smaller pully and propper tuning.
my Diablo tuner recently did a SVT JR kit and with nothing more than the blower, the JR blackbox and a FC TB it did 210fwhp on a DynoDynamics dyno. there was a HUGE gap right in the middle of the powerband where it went pig-rich down into the low 10s and most of the powerband was in th elow 11s!! with propper tuning from a MIC we are very sure it will do 230fwhp and 180-190lb/ft on 94 octane on the stock pully!

the powerworks kits while more costly will support more power reliably than the JR units and come with real tuning right out of the box.
i have also secured the option of a big boost kit and a kit without tuning for race applications.
i have placed an order for my car on a 14-16psi tune-less kit from powerworks and will be getting my MIC handled from my Diablo tuner. we expect 270fwhp and 230lb/ft! :D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jackson Supercharger Kit For 02-04 Svt Alien-Tek 4 1,912 10-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Tiketz