Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breather Tube
i just installed the volant intake myself just now. I was wondering about 2 things. When i removed the breather tube from the stock air box it had this little square sponge.....but in the volant air box there's just a hole and no sponge....is it necessary? Is it like some liquid going to ooze out over time and just sit in the air box?

2nd: when i removed the stock air box, attached to it was this black rectangular box.....what exactly is that? When i put the volant air box in, there was no similar such thing....i guess that's not really needed?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Mar 19 2009, 09:49 PM Wrote:i just installed the volant intake myself just now.  I was wondering about 2 things.  When i removed the breather tube from the stock air box it had this little square sponge.....but in the volant air box there's just a hole and no sponge....is it necessary?  Is it like some liquid going to ooze out over time and just sit in the air box?

2nd: when i removed the stock air box, attached to it was this black rectangular box.....what exactly is that? When i put the volant air box in, there was no similar such thing....i guess that's not really needed?
[right][snapback]283062[/snapback][/right]

It's just a resonator.

not a big deal.
I went to crappy tire and bought one of these.
[Image: CT70_Filter.jpg]

Cost's about 20 bucks and looks cool too!
X2 Did the same thing :) Crankcase ventilation...