Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front LCA's
Need opinions!!

Lower control arms, both of em. Stealership want over 6xx to do them. They're saying the rubber bushings of some sort have shrunk and therefore they have play, even if it's just 1mm, and they're saying that if they do an alignment it'll undo itself shortly after.

How much truth is there to this?

Are they trying to take me for a ride? Pics of my 2011 Focus SE rental to come.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
How much are the parts? Why pay a shop to do it? Find someone. Not rocket science.
Is there some problem that brought this on?
Yes, my focus is a lemon.

Today, the left rear wheel bearing was done. The front left outer tie rod end was done. Both front springs were also replaced. To do an alignment, dealership is saying the LCA's need to be done too. Idk how much parts are, I just want to know if there is some truth/credibility to what they are saying. My step dad suggests I get them do an alignment anyway and just drive the car. Dealership says if I do an alignment, it won't stay/it'll come out of alignment soon as I drive it off the lot.
Do a little research and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper to replace the lcas urself if u have to...
see i woulda done the rear wheel bearing and the outer tie rod end myself but I do not have a location to do the work. I don't have a garage, just a parking space. I'm at least keeping the sway bar end links as something for me to do myself.
No need to get dealership LCA's. Moog or Doorman have the in the aftermarket. In a way I would have to agree with the dealer about the car not staying in alignment. Even pulling it off the rack can cause a change if there is any sort of play.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Rock Auto sells front LCAs for $95 USD a side. Mike at No Limits in Ottawa (Albion Road) has the Moog ones for around $130.

Or, get the Prothane urethane bushings and have them rebuilt... $25 for parts then.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
atm the car has an appointment booked in a garage in aurora when I come down for a couple days. They're gunna look it over and see what's really up. Will post more as I find out more.
bump;

anyone know if the bushings will come separate from the LCA's?

Also, best place to buy a front left wheel bearing? Tousley Ford will get a call from meh but looking for other... more local options
Most autopart stores will be able to hook you up. Or Ford for sure.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
109 @ canadian tire for the premium front wheel bearing. I don't wanna knwo what dealership charges, they took 80~ for the rear wheel bearing. CT's is listed @ 56.... so yeah, trying to avoid going to campbell ford
Call Mike @ No Limits Auto Parts. I've been using him for all my OEM replacement stuff, and his prices have been cheaper than US prices on non-Ford-brand replacements. He can get all the Moog branded stuff, or generic stuff too.

http://www.nolimitsautoparts.com/
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
^thanks for the tip
Mike @ No Limits was too busy and getting stressed out so I didn't get any quotes from him and are instead getting 'the stuff' from Tousley.

Getting the LCA's from CTC. The LCA's were not much more expensive to buy and cheaper to install (2.2 vs. 2.6) so I'm just getting them instead of just the bushings.

Called Tousley for the wheel bearing, 50$ vs. 110$... take a guess where I'm ordering from lol. Sway bar end links too.
I'm gunna hafta order a whole buncha things at once and go down to Ogdensburg to pick it all up. Note to self, go down on an empty tank lol