Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to car hauler
Anyone got access to a car hauler/knows anyone who'd rent it out for 50$ for a day/two?

I'm trying to get things organized - I'm having a serious moment where there is a car I am trying to get and really, I could have it by tomorrow if I went down to get it.

Anyway, so yes. If you know someone who'd wanna make 50$ for renting out their car hauler then please let me know. I think a tow dolly would work too (maybe 40$ instead?).

Thanks guys

(p.s. anyone know anything about rotary engines? I don't know squat and I'm worried about this one cause it's been sitting since november 2010 but was driven for 5 years up until then. Engine spins freely but that's all I know - oh and its' a 1984 RX-7)
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
I went to uhaul and rented a dolly for the SVT's I picked up and parted out. That and a good wratched strap to pull it up...worked ok with some elbow grease and a bunch of sweat Tongue
Yeah UHauls aren't that bad, and if the car's stock height you shouldn't have much issue getting it on the dolly. We even got Subsonic loaded on with planks because it was so low you couldn't get a lawyer under it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I owned a 1985 RX7. Was a great car, my 1st and only that had a choke on it. lol

For towing, go with uhaul. when I was looking at it, it was about $50 for the day. of course, you need something that you can tow it with, check out the uhaul site, they have everything there for you.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Co worker who has a mid 90's diesel chev and a tow dolly is taking me down to Kingston!

I should have it this Friday if all goes to plan! Unless my co worker flakes out but I offered him 150$ and he said yes. Once he confirms it's game on!! Previous Owner says the engine has lost compression from sitting so hopefully it won't take much to get it started!!
lost compression from sitting too long?
yes apparently they don't keep compression when they sit.
[Image: 298226_2032731951579_1642560143_1609249_...9574_n.jpg]
nice man, same color as my old one. whats the plans for this one? driving it int he winter? I tried, didnt work too well.
all ive got for rubber are azenis and hankooks.

no winter for it Tongue at least, not much of one...

edit: if I can get it started i'll drive it as much as I can and often as I can. If not, I'll at least have it started regularly cause it'll need it.
Now you need to sign up for http://www.ottawamazda.ca Smile
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost