Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
needing exhaust info
I'm considering a new exhaust for my '07 w duratec. I've seen the Magnaflow, Focuswerks etc...
It's for my DD. I'm guessing a 2.25", I won't be going f/i for quite a while (if I even do). I guess I just want a few more hp's and a nicer sounding exhaust. No other engine mods other than a Steeda intake. I plan on keeping it for at least another 5 years. That's about when my wife's new car will be paid off.
Are these only available from the states or is there a local (Cdn, Vancouver )seller?
Would a local exhaust shop be able to do the same thing?
Is there one or two cats on the Duratec? One in the manifold and one inline?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
if your looking for an exhaust, i recommend the fswerks carb legal exhaust, it keeps boths cats in the place and is a good tone. its hard to find 2.25 now, everyones going 2.5" for these cars it seems lately. if you go with the race exhaust it deletes the second cat as does the stealth version too.

Cost wise, look to spend about 500$-550$ total once its shipped and taxes are added in from FSWerks.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
I'll be selling my MBRP exhaust in spring when I upgrade to 3"
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Muskoka - From what I understand, I would have to shorten the pipe somewhere along the line because I have a ZX3 with the GFX pkg. Or is there more fitment issue?
(11-15-2011, 09:22 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: I'll be selling my MBRP exhaust in spring when I upgrade to 3"

I was gunna say, for the right price I'd be open to splitting with my MBRP system. It's BRAND. SPANKING. NEW.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
you will have to shorten the tail section and adjust where the hanger sits. minimal modification
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
My tail piece is already adjustable.... Welded on tip was cut off, new hanger welded on, and I just use a 12" tip bolted on to make up the difference...

[Image: 275991b9.jpg]
[Image: 1ac82e6d.jpg]
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Did you eliminate the 2nd cat or do you still have it?
It's gonzo... Also have a polished and a black tip.