Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am The Spartan King!
So it has been many years in the planning but 1 or more things got in the way (like life lol). So I finally decided that now was the best time in my life to go ahead and get my tattoo that I always wanted.

I went down to Great Canadian Tattoos on Lakeshore gave the Gentleman an idea of what I wanted with a few sketches, which a couple of days later he produced this:
Sketch

To which I promptly said yes and ended up like this lol
Actual

Now mind you this is about 2.5 hours into the process, my second break cause it felt like I went a round with Mike Tyson. So I still had another hour and a bit to go. Needless to say I am happy with the final outcome (pics yet to come).

I always wanted a Spartan Helmet, due to my heritage and what not but didnt figure that my ribs were gonna take the abuse. I figure why not go hardcore for my 1st ever ,boy what was I thinking lol.. No regrets though.
Thats awsome man. Did you go to the one in Etobicoke? If so I work right down the road at Wakefield/Castrol. Are you having any more colour added? I took the tattoo plunge in the early spring and had my leg done. Needless to say I am hooked and I am already working on the design for my second. Watch out, they are addicting.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
just keep in mind 92% of all wemen think that guys with tattoos over the age of 30 are gross, and 99% think it's gross after you turn 40 with one, and if you get fat or tone up, it will change the look of your tattoo, and I should mention it cost up to 5X more to have the tattoo removed if you ever change your mind about it.

but otherwise it looks cool.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
"Spartans, tonight we dine in Heeeeellll!!!!"
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Frost__2001,Dec 4 2008, 06:35 PM Wrote:just keep in mind 92% of all wemen think that guys with tattoos over the age of 30 are gross, and 99% think it's gross after you turn 40 with one, and if you get fat or tone up, it will change the look of your tattoo, and I should mention it cost up to 5X more to have the tattoo removed if you ever change your mind about it.

but otherwise it looks cool.
[right][snapback]277707[/snapback][/right]
Well, it also depends what the tattoo is.

I know women like my tattoo better ever since I got the name of my ex-wife covered up. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
When I read the title, I was like wtf, but then WOW!!!

Excellent tattoo!! Looks great. Great artist.

I don't think he is going to color it.
Frost , lol thank you for the factual numbers lol, I realize if I put on a couple of pounds it'll look odd. As for the ladies...not concerned, this was a goal on my life checklist I wanted to do.

Focus Man,
I guess you could say Etobicoke/Toronto border, it's on Lakeshore, just before Brown's Line. That picture was of it 3/4 done, mainly there was more shading/detail work applied to after the pic was taken. Mind you just shy of 4 hours kinda takes a toll on the body (doing it for the first time). You experience chills, sudden bursts of adrenalin, break-out in sweats. And yes the pain. Most people have mentioned that the outlining part is the most difficult. On the contrary, the outlining was easy. The shading (and believe me there was plenty of it) and detail work took the wind outta my sails. As for colour, no just basically black and grey.

Aparently I was told that one of the most sensitive areas on the human body is the rib area (great lol), and the day-after doesnt feel as awesome as the first hahahaha, but within the week it'll get better and life will go on.

Addiction you say lol, I'm not ready to jump back on the table just yet, but I still have some designs/ideas floating in head. When it'll happen who knows, but I'm sure I'll know when the time is right.

Post up pics I'd like to see some other 'body-art'.
How long it take him to put it on you ?
Yeah, I have to agree with the shading being the most painful part. It kind of feels like a razor blade being slowly dragged through your skin. Mine took abot 3 hours to complete and I had it done at Highway 2 Tattoo in Scarborough.

Here is a pic when I jumped off the table.
[Image: n506017388_352164_75181.jpg]

and what does that mean? /\ I Like tattoos that have a meaning to the person I also have a heritage type tat.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Well here is the meaning behind my tat. I have been an insulin dependant Diabetic for 15 years and about a year and a half ago I had a low which almost killed me. At the time I was using syringes to inject twice daily. My body in a way started to become imune to the insulin and was storing it in my abdomen. Once the insulin built up to a point it released into my system and made me go into a full sizure. I lost my memory and I am still in a way not fully recovered. As for the Piston, I have been working in the Automotive Aftermarket since I left school and it is a daily part of my life. Thats about it I guess. Simple but meaningful. A Syringe made out of Car Parts.

ohh cool I didn't even notice the piston I like it and has great meaning behind it.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]