Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cops Can't Drive Too
here's the story: http://640toronto.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLoc...aspx?ID=1041686

....soooooooo.....looks like cops can't drive either....sorry to say this but i've never rear-ended anyone in my life and i deserve a speeding ticket?

Looks like cops should ticket themselves! I'm glad they are not seriously hurt but i have to laugh in their face and say SEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Considering the miles most coppers log and the situations and conditions they drive in, it's surprising that there aren't more accidents. If the average driver had the same abilities there would be a lot less accidents on the road.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
agreed but in this case it wasn't a speed chase or anything abnormal. It was a simple pull-over the shoulder routine and someone was driving a little too fast.

Slow down copper or next time u could actually kill someone. Here's your $110.00 ticket and minus 4 demerit points for careless driving.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
I think he was trying to pull over and stop not realizing the shoulders had lots of ice/salt and just slid into the other car.

Question is what the hell york cops doing on 407? They aren;t supposed to be there. OPP is the only one that can pul cars on 407, No?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

The 407 has the police patrol the it at their request, sort of like pay duty. They, the 407, use them more for speed control. I'm told they can track the average speed patterns by the IN/OUT gates. When the speeds get to high on average they 'host' a speeding blitz to slow everyone down (a bit).

For the police, it's a very safe highway to patrol. Large shoulders on both sides, plenty of long sightlines and underpasses.
j3rt,Nov 23 2008, 08:58 AM Wrote:The 407 has the police patrol the it at their request, sort of like pay duty.  They, the 407, use them more for speed control.  I'm told they can track the average speed patterns by the IN/OUT gates.  When the speeds get to high on average they 'host' a speeding blitz to slow everyone down (a bit).

For the police, it's a very safe highway to patrol.  Large shoulders on both sides, plenty of long sightlines and underpasses.
[right][snapback]277007[/snapback][/right]

Y'know the scary part is, that if they wanted to, they could use the transponder & photo cameras at the entrances and exits to do speed control (Simple time over distance calculation = ticket if you're too fast) which I understand they do in NJ...

NefCanuck
So if I go for a rip in New Jersey I need to pull over and rest for a bit before exiting the highway? Cool - I love an excuse to drink coffee. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NefCanuck,Nov 23 2008, 08:16 PM Wrote:
j3rt,Nov 23 2008, 08:58 AM Wrote:The 407 has the police patrol the it at their request, sort of like pay duty.  They, the 407, use them more for speed control.  I'm told they can track the average speed patterns by the IN/OUT gates.  When the speeds get to high on average they 'host' a speeding blitz to slow everyone down (a bit).

For the police, it's a very safe highway to patrol.  Large shoulders on both sides, plenty of long sightlines and underpasses.
[right][snapback]277007[/snapback][/right]

Y'know the scary part is, that if they wanted to, they could use the transponder & photo cameras at the entrances and exits to do speed control (Simple time over distance calculation = ticket if you're too fast) which I understand they do in NJ...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]277020[/snapback][/right]

Jeez.....isn't there enough rules as it is ?? :rolleyes:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
407 Does not use York to Patrol there highway only MTO and OPP so why there was any other forces on the highway they wen't hired to do so. and as for times on entrance and exits yet they can tell your speeding but There isn't a law to back up getting speeding tickets in the mail like a red light camera but they can tell in what area speeding usally occurs and thats were you will find an OPP officer
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Reminds me of about 5 years ago of the pic on the cover of the Burlington Post. Halton police officer rear ends other Halton cop downtown Burlington......no charges laid. Anyone else and careless driving would have been the min.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
ZX3_2NV,Nov 24 2008, 10:27 AM Wrote:407 Does not use York to Patrol there highway only MTO and OPP so why there was any other forces on the highway they wen't hired to do so. and as for times on entrance and exits yet they can tell your speeding but There isn't a law to back up getting speeding tickets in the mail like a red light camera but they can tell in what area speeding usally occurs and thats were you will find an OPP officer
[right][snapback]277044[/snapback][/right]

what?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
York Regional Police are not hired to patrol the highway and speeding tickets can't be given out like red light tickets Since they can't specifically say what speed you were doing.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Ironic seeing this here now as yesterday on the way to drop off my wife at work I came about 3" from hitting a police cruiser as he tried to squeeze between me and a stopped TTC bus if he hadn't stopped I would have hit him for sure and I doubt that he would have gotten a dangerous lane change ticket like the guy in the Altima that I did hit under similar conditions 5 months ago.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Hahaha that cop got a careless driving charge.

Check this out.
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNe...4/?hub=CP24Home

There is a picture too.
Well, I guess all the cries of the police being immune from the law can subside...
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Dec 5 2008, 09:51 AM Wrote:Well, I guess all the cries of the police being immune from the law can subside...
[right][snapback]277728[/snapback][/right]

....for now........ :ph34r:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Haa Good that makes me glad
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain