Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ford Falcon
Next Ford Falcon will be less 'Australian'
Posted Sep 24th 2008 9:27AM by Chris Shunk
Filed under: Sedans/Saloons, Ford, Australia

[Image: 08fpv_f6_sedan-%2812%29_opt.jpg]

The Ford Falcon is all Australian. It has always been driven by the rear wheels, and it has always been designed, engineered, and built Down Under. The automotive world is rapidly changing, though, and Ford is one of many OEMs that are driving towards global vehicle architectures and a less diversified corporate parts bin. What does that mean for the Falcon? Nothing for quite a while, as the once hot-selling Aussie special just received major rework in April, and another redesign is many years away. When it does go under the engineering knife it will likely have more in common with the Ford Taurus than anything native to the Outback.

Ford product chief Derrick Kuzak is working towards what the Blue Oval calls "One Ford." That means, for example, that there will be only one C-segment platform for like-sized crossovers, wagons, hatchbacks, coupes, and sedans, and that platform would be used in all regions around the globe. Ford will still have a rear-drive platform for performance vehicles, but the rabid push for fuel efficiency and weight reductions means that the chance of future Falcons being motivated by the rear wheels is slim. Plenty can change between now and 2015, so we'll keep our dimming hopes for a RWD Falcon for all alive, but the prospects look less rosy by the day.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
now thats a sexy car
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Front bumper looks too busy/ugly to me.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 24 2008, 03:49 PM Wrote:Front bumper looks too busy/ugly to me.
[right][snapback]273135[/snapback][/right]

Ya that two tone looks like sh#t. One colour would help out a lot.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Canadian ST,Sep 24 2008, 04:17 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 24 2008, 03:49 PM Wrote:Front bumper looks too busy/ugly to me.
[right][snapback]273135[/snapback][/right]

Ya that two tone looks like sh#t. One colour would help out a lot.
[right][snapback]273137[/snapback][/right]

that two tone is not bad on the 4 colours it's offered in, it's only on the FTS, or FRS versions of the sedan.. more or less the high end performace version of the Falcon.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Looks like the 2010 Taurus .............. :ph34r:
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I kinda like it... it's almost the "anything's better than the watered-down North American crap" mindset for me, I guess.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Bring Back The SHO

Hey we might not be to far off from the falcon check out the possible SHO
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I like it, kind of has the acura TL look to it.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Sep 25 2008, 02:50 PM Wrote:I like it, kind of has the acura TL look to it.
[right][snapback]273254[/snapback][/right]
I like it too [/irish accent] ... but I don't get the two-door thing ... there are no plans for a 2-door new-gen Taurus and there never was a 2-door SHO. With the upcoming twin-turbo 3.5 a new SHO could be very doable.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Sep 25 2008, 10:03 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 25 2008, 02:50 PM Wrote:I like it, kind of has the acura TL look to it.
[right][snapback]273254[/snapback][/right]
I like it too [/irish accent] ... but I don't get the two-door thing ... there are no plans for a 2-door new-gen Taurus and there never was a 2-door SHO. With the upcoming twin-turbo 3.5 a new SHO could be very doable.
[right][snapback]273296[/snapback][/right]

Yah I think the two door looks like..well..weird. It does look mean as hell though. The new SHO Vs the G8 would be a bad ass fight.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]