Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lower Stress Bar From Focussport
^^ I wish i could install i rear stress bar in my car it would really help in stiffening things up.. Cant have everything i suppose.
Professional Certified Nut Case...
mister_bin,Jul 5 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:^^ I wish i could install i rear stress bar in my car it would really help in stiffening things up.. Cant have everything i suppose.
[right][snapback]268193[/snapback][/right]
It would be ideal if someone were to design one that could be easily removed ... bolt it on for track days, take it off when you need the haulage space. How hard could that be?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
It's very possible if you can weld. take the original bar bolt it in and meassure the cut on both side close enough to hide the ends. on each end weld a smaller short pipe on it so it can go inside the car and mark and drill hole bolt it up with a Grade A and TA DA.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

ZTWsquared,Jul 5 2008, 11:22 AM Wrote:
mister_bin,Jul 5 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:^^ I wish i could install i rear stress bar in my car it would really help in stiffening things up.. Cant have everything i suppose.
[right][snapback]268193[/snapback][/right]
It would be ideal if someone were to design one that could be easily removed ... bolt it on for track days, take it off when you need the haulage space. How hard could that be?
[right][snapback]268195[/snapback][/right]
if you're talking about the rear stress bar it is basically just bolt-in. theres only 2 bolts holding it on either side, if you really wanted to take it out it'd only take a couple minutes. also it hardly takes up any space in the hatch it only sits about 6 inches or so from the back seat, and it works amazing for holding a sub in place.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Using bungee cords XD :)) jk

Very nice mod actually with some noticable difference i guess. o. O
mister_bin,Jul 3 2008, 11:02 AM Wrote:150 ft lbs its the problem its the rust and the bolt seizing up.. I've rebuilt the front suspension on my cousins focus and those bolts wouldn't budge with out my impact.... but it was from 2000 and it had almost 200,000 km...

Another case was when i did the front brakes on my freind protoge.. The Caliper bridge bolts were speced to 65 ft lbs.. try taking them out by hand...&nbsp;

Even when i rebuilt my front sway bar endlinks those are speced at 68 ft lbs and i needed my gun to break them loose then with a 1/2 open socket i was able to take off the nut... Its not just the ft lbs its the corrosion and how the metal has become seized...
[right][snapback]268137[/snapback][/right]

you're right about corrosion. i had to use a breaker bar with a peice of pipe on the end for more leverage.

i bet i can put out more torque than most impact guns. I rember there were these bolts at work that needed 1000ft.lbs. we had at least a 6 foot pipe on the torque wrench

NikiterZTS, Jul 2 2008 Wrote:build a whole bunch....maybe you can sell em for $50

we'll see. I'm running out of time for this year (I'm going to be working out of the country for 6month) so I might not get it made till next year
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale