Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Installed Remote Starter/security Combo
i bought the code alarm srt 9000 few months ago..as a christmas gift for myself..

and had excuse being busy and blah blah..

finally installed and programmed and everything..
now i don't have to bring old keyfob which kept falling off from keyholder..

taking off under dash, kick panel and steering column cover was easy, done in 5 mins..

finding main wires were super easy, there was no 2nd ignition or 2nd acc..and wires from transponder bypass to key cyliner..done in 30 mins..

lock/unlock, trunk release, door pin, trunk pin..wires were same color but tested out wires and such took me about 45 mins..

running hood pin and tach signal wires through firewall and bring siren wires back from engine bay to inside took me about 30mins..

cleaning up messy wires ook me rest of times..

2 hours for security/remote starter isn't that bad..
the hardest car i have done so far was 99 dodge intrepid..

here is pics of remote..display is OLED which is same as cell phone..
[Image: IMG_4486.jpg]
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
looks sweet.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Do you drive standard or auto? I just recently learned that it is possible to get a manual transmission remote start module, after my friend bought his car with it...
He drives an auto......

With standard.... you have to ALWAYS park your car in neutral which is something that goes against my "Manual Transmission Driving Morals"

I ALWAYS park in gear.... facing down a hill... I'm in reverse....... facing up a hill, in first.

Can't ALWAYS rely on your e-brake :P
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
SVTGuy02,Feb 6 2008, 04:07 PM Wrote:He drives an auto......

With standard.... you have to ALWAYS park your car in neutral which is something that goes against my  "Manual Transmission Driving Morals"

I ALWAYS park in gear.... facing down a hill... I'm in reverse....... facing up a hill, in first.

Can't ALWAYS rely on your e-brake :P
[right][snapback]257560[/snapback][/right]

i heard that they have a by-pass for manuals(if ur parked in gear).......thats just what i heard though.....
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
yeah i drive auto, which is sux..
for manual transmission, most of unit got for manual transmission..except the unit i bought..

for manual transmission, everytime you need to remote start car next time, you need to do reservation mode..which is before shut car off, park in neutral, do ebrake few times, press remote start, get out of car, lock door and car will shut off..
then you can use remote start function..and this is one time use only..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Feb 6 2008, 10:04 PM Wrote:yeah i drive auto, which is sux..
for manual transmission, most of unit got for manual transmission..except the unit i bought..

for manual transmission, everytime you need to remote start car next time, you need to do reservation mode..which is before shut car off, park in neutral, do ebrake few times, press remote start, get out of car, lock door and car will shut off..
[right][snapback]257568[/snapback][/right]

that must depend on the specific alarm. my alarm/remote starter doesn't require any of that stuff.. it just requires me to always remember to park in neutral if i want to use remote start (i have a manual trans subaru)

if i press remote start and its in1st the car will roll. SCARY! so i have to remember either don't use the remote (ie parked on the hill) or leave in neutral (ie parked at home in my parking spot) after the first time of seeing my car move without me and having to jump into it to press the brakes i never ever forget this
naz,Feb 6 2008, 03:47 PM Wrote:
konafocuswrc,Feb 6 2008, 10:04 PM Wrote:yeah i drive auto, which is sux..

[right][snapback]257568[/snapback][/right]

that must depend on the specific alarm. my alarm/remote starter doesn't require any of that stuff.. it just requires me to always remember to park in neutral if i want to use remote start (i have a manual trans subaru)

if i press remote start and its in1st the car will roll. SCARY! so i have to remember either don't use the remote (ie parked on the hill) or leave in neutral (ie parked at home in my parking spot) after the first time of seeing my car move without me and having to jump into it to press the brakes i never ever forget this
[right][snapback]257570[/snapback][/right]

oh really, good thing to know
by the way, what brand is it??

most of them i know; nustart, compustar, command start, clifford, code alarm does require to do this stuff..other wise, car won't start..
i don't remember the exact model number but the brand is 'prestige' by audiovox prev owner installed it
that remote starter must have reservation mode..
haven't installed that brand but they are same as code alarm unit except transmitter..
audiovox=prestige=code alarm

your installer might bypassed it which is really dangerous to do if you forget to put it in neutral..

anyway..be careful with it..
Nice! My cousin sells quite a few of those units!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
good to know thanks. its kind of annoying. i'm irked at the auto lock feature. i'm tempted to yank it and put the car back to stock.
your cousin??is he working at store??
code alarm is nice unit, it gives you the choice of changing polarity without using relay..

auto lock feature, you can disable that feature..
konafocuswrc,Feb 7 2008, 10:08 PM Wrote:your cousin??is he working at store??
code alarm is nice unit, it gives you the choice of changing polarity without using relay..

[right][snapback]257621[/snapback][/right]

i'm too lazy to take off the dash to get to the control unit... i need to replace my boost gauge but i'm so lazy.. haha :P
konafocuswrc,Feb 7 2008, 06:08 PM Wrote:your cousin??is he working at store??

[right][snapback]257621[/snapback][/right]

He's got his own shop.
'14 Escape 2.0t
which shop is it??
do they have website??
i might go there check it out
I have a Compustar remote Starter/Alarm(2WFMR)....love it. put it in neutral,set the ebrake and turn off the key and it is set. Never had a problem with and plus it come in handy with the cold weather we have in SK
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
compustar=nustart
yeah they are good unit as well..

only thing i dislike about mine is, i have to charge it like a cell phone..
it doesn't have battery that can be replaced..
konafocuswrc,Feb 7 2008, 10:39 PM Wrote:which shop is it??
do they have website??
i might go there check it out
[right][snapback]257632[/snapback][/right]

Soundwaves Car Audio
http://soundwavescaraudio.ca/
'14 Escape 2.0t