Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Car Alarm
Ok I've never asked or bothered to check it out but does anyone know what exactly kind of car alarm the stock focus comes with 00-04?

Is there a name or specs to what kind of car alarm or how good or not good this alarm is?

Is that beeping red light by the emergency light button the car alarm indicator or just a false deterrent?

Be the change you want to see in this world.
the Factory car alarm on the focus doesn't work, you can try by starting the car, roll down the driverside window...take the key out of the ignition, lock the doors, reach in the open window and open the door, the alarm doesn't go off
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
yeah the light is just a blinking light, other then the keys being chipped there is no security alarm in the Focus unless it was dealer installed.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
The blinking light is the SecuriLock coded key ignition system.

http://www.p71interceptor.com/securilock/
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
then what is the car alarm button on my keys? When i lock the car and press the lock button twice, the alarm seems to go on or does it just honk to say all doors are locked??

There is also a red button on my keys and when i press it the car sounds off like an alarm (but im sure that is just used as a locator like when u cant find the car in a parking lot?).

it is keyless entry, not alarm and the red button is panic button..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
It just honks to tell you the doors are all locked. If you push it twice and it chirps with a double honk it means that one of your doors aren' t closed or locking. Opening the door from the inside when the doors are locked should in theory set off the panic but thats it.
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]
ya i didnt think the focus had a car alarm, in my dads fofo the window got smashed nothing happend lol. i got an aftermarket alarm though, i love it :lol:
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
yes i tested it out and confirm no alarm :(
that sucks. I thought it was "fully loaded" lol.

n e ways....anyone know of a good car alarm to install? how hard is it? and how hard is it on the wallet?
code alarm is good company..

depends on which function you wnant to have, price varies from $50~$600
basice alarm to full 2 way alarm with remote start..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
autopage (what i got) and viper are good as well. theres one that begins with a C as well, i think its clifton or clifford or something, probably clifford.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.