Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Pryers And Well Wishes Go Out To You Nef.
I am so sorry to hear this. Mine and Lindsey's hearts go out to you and your family. Keep your chin up big fella. Chat with you soon.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
On behalf of myself and my family, thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers at this time...

Arrangements are thankfully being handled by his employer Angus Glen, because right now I don't think anyone in the immediate family is up to dealing with all this right now (myself included :()

I'm going to watch Caddyshack in his honour at some point... While he was not Carl the greens keeper, he was at times close, both from the stories he told us and from things I saw him do (he could make golf carts do things that were downright illegal :lol: :ph34r:)

Daniel
NefCanuck
Im sorry to hear this Dan. When something like this happens it's really sad. Im saying this from a personal experience.

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I'm very sorry to hear that Dan, I send my condolences to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Daniel, this is very sad to hear. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.

This is the way to remember him though...all the great times you had together...

NefCanuck,Jul 25 2007, 12:33 PM Wrote:(he could make golf carts do things that were downright illegal :lol: :ph34r:)

...it's the best....there will be a void, and those memories will help fill it a bit.

I did/do that same thing, and my father passed away some 12 years ago now....

Take time, and lean on your friends if you need to.

All the best.
Daniel, you may know this, but i doubt too many of the guys here do, but
Angus Glen will be flying their Canadian Flag at Half-Mast during the Canadian Open in honour of Daniel's Father.

they mentioned his passing and the honouring on SportsCentre tonight.

'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I was given the heads up to tape CTV and saw that both they and Sportscentre mentioned the memorial at Angus Glen on Monday at 1pm.

Visitation with be Friday 7p - 9p and Saturday 2p - 4p at the Chapel Ridge Funeral Home 8911 Woodbine Ave, Markham, ON

The announcement will be in the Toronto Star Thursday (July 25)

NefCanuck
ZX5focused,Jul 25 2007, 06:48 PM Wrote:Daniel, you may know this, but i doubt too many of the guys here do, but
Angus Glen will be flying their Canadian Flag at Half-Mast during the Canadian Open in honour of Daniel's Father.

they mentioned his passing and the honouring on SportsCentre tonight.
[right][snapback]244874[/snapback][/right]

A true honour!

You dad is making headlines.

Way to go Dad!
Daniel, i've had the pleasure of meeting your dad MANY times of the past few years i've been doing work for Angus Glen, and every time i'd show up he'd always have a smile on his face and be in the greatest of moods.

Ernie Amsler was a true leader, innovater and mentor to everyone in the golf industry and beyond

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. He well be missed by all and impossible to replace
Below Average Car Club
I've also heard that TSN, CBS & Global will be airing tributes to him during the tournament (I'm really curious to see what CBS does actually)

If anybody does happen to get any video footage of it, could they let me know? Thanks

NefCanuck
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully you can keep your head up in time like this.

-Dom
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Here's the text of the official notice that was placed in the Toronto Star today (breaking copyright laws but at this point I care very little)

AMSLER, Ernst

ERNST AMSLER It is with great sadness that the family announces the passing of Ernst ''Ernie'' Amsler at Southlake Hospital on Tuesday, July 24, 2007, with his devoted wife and twin sister at his side. Ernie leaves behind his wife, Pia, a woman who filled his life with love and companionship, and sons Daniel and Roland.

His loving memory will live on forever in the hearts of his sister Erika and her husband Tomas Winiker, nephews Thomas and Michael, niece Christin; brother Kurt and family; sister Erna and family, including sister Palmina, Daniela and Mischa and families, in Switzerland.

Ernie will be greatly missed by all his friends and the entire staff and management at Angus Glen Golf Club, who are greatly saddened by the loss of their Head Greens Keeper and Director of Agronomy. Ernie's hard work and efforts in the growing and maintenance of the grounds at Angus Glen have helped to make it the success it is today, including being voted the Best New Golf Courses (South and North first and second respectively) in Canada by Golf Digest, hosting of the 2001 Women's Canadian Open, the 2002 Telus Skins Game, the 2002 Canadian Open (South Course), and the 2007 Canadian Open (North Course). Although Ernie was unable to attend the Canadian Open, he was there in spirit and his staff continued to uphold the standards set by Ernie. Ernie could always be found somewhere on the golf course with his faithful canine companion, Chip. Ernie was loyal and true, and all his friends feel blessed to have known him. He will be dearly missed by all.

Visitation will be held at Chapel Ridge Funeral Home, 8911 Woodbine Ave. (4 lights north of Hwy. 7) Markham 905-305-8508 on Friday, July 27th between 7-9 p.m. and on Saturday, July 28th from 2-4 p.m. The Funeral Service will be held at Angus Glen Clubhouse, 10080 Kennedy Road (north of Major Mackenzie Drive), Unionville on Monday, July 30th at 1:00 p.m. The family would appreciate donations in Ernie's memory to the Canadian Liver Foundation.

NefCanuck
schade,Jul 25 2007, 08:52 PM Wrote:Daniel, i've had the pleasure of meeting your dad MANY times of the past few years i've been doing work for Angus Glen, and every time i'd show up he'd always have a smile on his face and be in the greatest of moods.

Ernie Amsler was a true leader, innovater and mentor to everyone in the golf industry and beyond

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.  He well be missed by all and impossible to replace
[right][snapback]244883[/snapback][/right]

I somehow missed your comment Schade last night, but I was just curious, what type of work do you do with Angus Glen?

He would sometimes talk to me about people he would meet, tradespeople etc. and I was just curious to see if you were one of the ones he mentioned...

Yeah, Dad loved his job, even the working hours that made me shudder just thinking about them :ph34r: :)

NefCanuck
haha, cool, he had a dog with him while he worked. Alaways wanted to be able to do that.

What kind of dog was Chip?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jul 26 2007, 02:03 PM Wrote:haha, cool, he had a dog with him while he worked.  Alaways wanted to be able to do that.

[right][snapback]244945[/snapback][/right]

Border collie that is trained to chase geese...

Chip is still a fast S.O.B. even at over ten years old. Last time I was at the course, my dad and I went around in a work truck and when Chip took off, we hit 40km/h on the speedo just to catch up to him :ph34r:

Taking cart paths at 40km/h is not something you want to do, whether in a golf cart or in a truck, you get pitched around like a marble in a washing machine if you're not used to it :blink:

Only ever once paid him back for all the times he nearly pitched me out of the cart... I need someone to test drive cars for me because I need the additional foot pedal.

When he test drove the Focus for me, I decided to test out the heated seats on his side while we were driving (I gave him fair warning though)

After three minutes he's practically trying to escape through the sunroof while driving down the 403 yelling "Turn it off! Turn it off! My @$$ is on fire!" :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2007, 03:12 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 26 2007, 02:03 PM Wrote:haha, cool, he had a dog with him while he worked.  Alaways wanted to be able to do that.

[right][snapback]244946[/snapback][/right]

That is cool! whats going on with Chip now?

I dont think my dogs would require much training to chase geese. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jul 26 2007, 02:43 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2007, 03:12 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]244946[/snapback][/right]

That is cool! whats going on with Chip now?

I dont think my dogs would require much training to chase geese. :lol:
[right][snapback]244948[/snapback][/right]

For the short term, I believe the plan is that they will bring Chip back and forth from the house. Long term, they may decide to "retire" Chip from the active roster and leave him with my stepmother (at least I hope so)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2007, 12:59 PM Wrote:
schade,Jul 25 2007, 08:52 PM Wrote:Daniel, i've had the pleasure of meeting your dad MANY times of the past few years i've been doing work for Angus Glen, and every time i'd show up he'd always have a smile on his face and be in the greatest of moods.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.  He well be missed by all and impossible to replace

I somehow missed your comment Schade last night, but I was just curious, what type of work do you do with Angus Glen?

He would sometimes talk to me about people he would meet, tradespeople etc. and I was just curious to see if you were one of the ones he mentioned...

Yeah, Dad loved his job, even the working hours that made me shudder just thinking about them :ph34r: :)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]244943[/snapback][/right]

The Comapny i'm with, Pumps Plus, Installs and service's the pump stations for both the North and South course, and there newest, Goodwood
Below Average Car Club
schade,Jul 27 2007, 05:17 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2007, 12:59 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]244943[/snapback][/right]

The Comapny i'm with, Pumps Plus, Installs and service's the pump stations for both the North and South course, and there newest, Goodwood
[right][snapback]244971[/snapback][/right]

Oh god, the pump stations, every so often when we went around the course (Him Evel Knevil, me Lord Chickens#$t on the golf cart) he had to go inside them for something... damn things nearly made me deaf when they were running....

Of course in dad's case it was too late to worry about that :lol:

-sigh- First day of visitation is tonight.... my nerves are so shot full of holes I'm afraid I'm gonna faint when I see the casket :ph34r:

NefCanuck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Y No Bday Wishes 4 Me? ZX3_2NV 28 8,287 01-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Last Post: meford4u