Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates All Completed
So Sunday was a big day for my Foci.
With the help of my father-in-law we were able to get a lot of work completed.

We removed the stock flex pipe and exhaust system to the back of the car. The bolts were a bugger to get off, but after using a grinder, bolt spitter and extensive muscle power it eventually came loose.
We installed a 2.25" flex pipe from NewEdgePerformance and then my new 2.25" MBRP exhaust system.

We then installed a FocusSport Underdrive Pulley. The dam plastic flang gave us a hard time as we forgot to trim it off before putting on the new pulley. The new belt was troublesome only because of the position of the tensioner.

All in all we had everything done in 4 hours.
And what a difference it has made!

The car now has so much more power in the higher RPM range. It just wants to take off without hesitation. I'm so happy with the way this has worked out. It looks good, sounds perfect, and has provide the gains I was looking for.

Next up, SCT tune!

Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
congrats on the updates... is it that much of an increase with the underdrive pullies?

considering getting a set. thanks
First year with a Foci ' 03 ZX5 Silver
Baby seat, Roush Exhuast, more performance mods to come
zx5chris,Apr 25 2007, 09:24 PM Wrote:congrats on the updates... is it that much of an increase with the underdrive pullies?

considering getting a set. thanks
[right][snapback]236353[/snapback][/right]

UDP are ok....they give like 3-5 hp maybe......it really feels how your engine revs faster
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
UDPs are, in my mind, one of the best mods for a small motor like the Zetec, SPI or Duratec. Maybe not so much the Duratec for all the extra torque it has.

UDPs don't "add" power in that they drive accessories slower and at an easier effort level than stock pullies. They "restore" power the engine has lost due to driving those accessories at stock levels.

I had a 50% crank UDP on my SPI. It was easily the best mod I ever did to that car.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 26 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Maybe not so much the Duratec for all the extra torque it has.

[right][snapback]236380[/snapback][/right]

Stop it. :lol: :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]