Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight Install
So I swapped out my Hellas (headlights) today for a set of projectors I bought from a guy on FJ. I
I installed the passenger side no problem, verified that it worked, no problem. Removed the driver side Hella including the external fuse (that is connected to the + and - of the battery and installed the new headlight, went to test if it was working and now neither of them are working.
Also car wont start, wont click NOTHING!
All accessories come on, parking lights come on, PATS light is not flashing fast but now, no sound of the fuel pump, and car won't start?
No click, nothing at all.
Can someone please help?!
did u check all the fuses in the car as well as the ones in the engine bay? sounds like you burnt a fuse somewhere
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Sounds like you've blown a fuse. You'll have to check all of them, but most likely when you were checking the external fuse it set something off? Maybe you crossed wires? Don't know. But check the fuse that powers the fuel pump and I bet you'll find your answer.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Found out what it was guys. Found a corroded ground wire. Cleaned her up and re-attached it to the battery and VOILA.
Thanks for your help!

Cheers!
Steve.
so........what did you end up doing with the hellas ?
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.
PDW,Apr 21 2007, 08:53 PM Wrote:so........what did you end up doing with the hellas ?
[right][snapback]235776[/snapback][/right]

Sold to Smokebcbudz.
Alien-Tek,Apr 22 2007, 01: Wrote:
PDW,Apr 21 2007, 08:53 PM Wrote:so........what did you end up doing with the hellas ?
[right][snapback]235776[/snapback][/right]

Sold to Smokebcbudz.
[right][snapback]235779[/snapback][/right]

Whooop whoooop.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".