Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sct Performance Chip
I need to know if anyone out there has a SCT Performance chip installed in their cars and if there have been any problems passing emissions tests?

I read a thread that talked about having to remove it completely in order to pass US emissions but the manufacturer doesn't seems to know about Canadian Emissions Testing....

Thanks
Ps. Apparently switching the chip to 'factory default is not sufficent as the chip itself will cause issues.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
My car passed with that chip.

I don't think the E-test people can know the the chip exists, unless you have it disabling EGR, O2 sensors, etc.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
The chip can interfere with OBDII tests run during emissions testing.

However, there is no guarantee it'll fail in Canada...give it a go.. it's only 10 minutes of your time to undo it if you need a retest.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

This is why I love Alberta :P I think the chip set on factory and 87 in the tank should be enough. Do you have an high flow cat?
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
I passed with the Chip, On a 94 octain tune, 2nd O2 disabled.
I also want to ask where you bought your chip from?
I looked at a couple of sites and find that the descriptions vary a lot and I'm not sure who can best be trusted.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
I cant find it on thier Site anymore... But im sure they still sell them.
They Did a great Job tuning my car.

http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_focus_parts.asp

I also have the 4bank switch, For easy switching tunes.
i fialed bad until i went back to factory tune with a race header and high flow. biggest thing im hearing about is the EGR. it HAS to work to pass our cars.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
Here's a little reading material you may find interesting...

http://www.alternativeauto.com/tuning/tu...sophy.html
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
FocusSport is a great authority on tuning the Focus. I'd give Randy Robles at FS a call or an email if you're dead-set on tuning and you want to be as clean as possible.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Got mine from Mitch @ ZX3Tuning....
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
If your looking for something local to Ottawa, you can try Tapp Auto.

Be prepared for a high quote. Very high, but the guy charges that much for a reason ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]