Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
67mm Cossie Tb
OK so this is the deal,
I have a 07 ST and im already needing more power, Im getting a Steeda SRI and I can pick up a used Cosworth TB for about $200. Is this a good idea? I've heard that if you put a bigger TB on your car needs a tune...,I dont know about that. I just want to free up some of the restriction I feel at higher RPM.
Can I get some feed back
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I don't believe that the TB will do much more beyond sharpening throttle response and tip-in. Your best source of info for this is the Jet... specifically Walter Marcy of Marcy Motorsports and Randy Robles from FocusSport.

http://forums.focaljet.com/duratec-tuning/...tle-bodies.html

It seems to be that the power increases are somewhat there, but it's the overall "snappiness" that improves.

I'd recommend waiting on it until you get your SRI and exhaust installed. They'll enhance your feel for the TB. Stocker stuff will just deaden the effect and you won't really appreciate what you've done fully.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.