Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eve Online Revelations...
So a friend of mine tried to get me into warcraft and I just found it toooo goddam childish and without plot. So I started looking around for other MMOG to play and I came across EVE. Ive only been playing for a week but I've got to say DAMN this game is complex!! I was wondering if there was anyone here who was into the game that could maybe provide some pointers or would be willing to team up with me.

And for those of you who havent heard of it (which Im guessing is most) you really gotta check this s*** out. Browse around and you can find a 14 day free trial to play.

-P@
I Vtec
Me and NOS play it.

PM me and I'll help ya get started.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Yeah, it's complex and there's LOTS of room for diversification. You can spec in one thing and do it well fairly quickly, or you can do it all. I chose the latter, personally.

Oscar and I can definitely hook you up with some tips, supplies, you name it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I played EVE online for the 14 day trial twice now. Although the idea of the game is bloody fantastic, its too tedius for me. I hated how long it took to jump to some area's. I could set it to autopilot and leave for 30-40 minutes and still not be there...

If that warp time was greatly reduced, then I'd probably be playing it right now.
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
^^ It has been. If you manually warp after selecting your route, you "warp to zero" distance to each gate. By the time you cycle out of warp, you're within jump distance of a stargate. Warp, jump, repeat.

I can move a mining barge across 4 regions in less time than it used to take to move a frigate across 2.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Sweet.. I'll definitely be contacting you guys for some pointers when I get back from holidays (gone for the next week). Right now I've left my guy training so when I get back I can buy my Vexor Battle Cruiser (Gallentean). Its around the 4,500,000.00 range. Is there any other ship you guys would suggest?
I Vtec
BCs are nice because tanking a lvl 3 mission is pretty easy with good complementary skills (armour rep, resistances, etc).

Train up all your complementary battle skills too, as well as Electronics to 5 (25% more CPU than stock ships get) and Engineering to 5 (25% more power grid). You'll want hull upgrades to 3 or 4 cause if memory serves they're drone-wielding, armour-tanking little snots :P (I'm Caldari, so we're lunk-headed, missile-lobbing shield tanking bastards)

OMG online games destroy lives lol... My freind got into World of warcraft ,,, I used to see him almost nightly... now we only see him once a month TOPS

he just sit's in his basment and plays WOW.. it's scary and sad
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
You've gotta balance it. If you neglect your life because of it, it will be disastrous.

ZED_not_zee,Mar 3 2007, 06:48 PM Wrote:OMG  online games destroy lives lol...  My freind got into World of warcraft ,,, I used to see him almost nightly... now we only see him once a month TOPS

he just sit's in his basment and plays WOW.. it's scary and sad
[right][snapback]228859[/snapback][/right]

My best man Sparky is the same way.

We used to see hip all the time, no we're lucky if we see him once a month....and even then it's a chore to get him out of bed. The guy sleeps all day and then parks himself in front of the computer playing Warcraft all night.

The only time I receive emails from him is at 7:00 am. (that's usually when he turns in for the night)

So sad.
My buddies and I call him Leroy.