Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipers Not Working At All
Ok so the wife calls this morning...her wipers don't work at all. The squirters are working fine, though.

She's been having problems with the wipers returning to their parked position for some time now too, but my lousy excuse for a memory never remembered to get the part to fix it.

I'm guessing that the relay finally went out to lunch and never came back?

edit:
ok, got some more info from her just now... she says they make a "click click" noise. she turned the wipers on this morning (and she thinks they were frozen to the windshied). Said it made the click noise, and that was the end of it.

Now i'm thinking maybe the motor? I asked if she could hear the motor moving (thinking maybe the linkage popped), and she said no.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
did she turn the wipers on at all when they were frozen to the window?

The clicking noice could be a result of the relay trying to come on.
My best advise. save your self a head ache and get it looked at.
2000 ZX3
if its a wiper yolk gone bad, you can have mine!! i'll practically giev it away to u
My other ride is your Mom
could be one of 3 things,

1. the wiper stock is fried
2. the wiper motor is fried
3 what paolo said.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Well, they work now. I don't know.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
If you have warranty at all... that's what I'd do. Dealership that biatch. The car, not the woman. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.