Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips And Tricks For Recording Music.
Fellas:

I'd like to spend a good chunk of time this weekend making some nice tight compilations of my music for the car. Apparently the weather is going to be crappy, the wife is gone, and the winter tires are already installed so I have nothing else to do :P

I currently have about a dozen mp3 discs I rotate through and some have repeat tracks and such. What I'd like to do is "streamline" my library.

When recording MP3 discs from Itunes, what settings do you use or find work best for sound quality.

Also, does it matter what kind of discs I use, and if so, which ones should I get.

Thanks guys.

a.
Okay, couple of questions first:

What mp3 bitrate can the player you want to play your compliation CD's on support?

Most commonly supprted bitrate out there is 128k with constant bit rate encoding. If your player supports better, you can tweak iTunes to give you whatever bitrate you want on your output files.

In terms of the CD's you're recording to (I assume that you are recording to CD's) the best advice I've got is to not get the cheapest out there. I get mine from Costco, TDK's rated at 52x speed recording 100 for $25, last time I bought them IIRC.

Also, if you can spare the time, make sure that you set the recording speed of the CD drive as low as it can go, this will lessen the chance of you creating a drink coaster by accident.

Any other questions, just ask.

NefCanuck
"Music Party" at anthony's? lol

umm when ripping, im pretty sure most players can handle 192 kbps now. i havent checked but im pretty sure there is a way to search for duplicate songs in I-Tunes (dont ask me how though)
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Oct 19 2006, 10:47 AM Wrote:"Music Party" at anthony's? lol

umm when ripping, im pretty sure most players can handle 192 kbps now.  i havent checked but im pretty sure there is a way to search for duplicate songs in I-Tunes (dont ask me how though)
[right][snapback]212518[/snapback][/right]

Oh I know how to delete duplicate songs.

What I was trying to say is, I have a few cds in the car that have albums on 2 different disca and such. I just want to clean up my cartunes and make them sound as best I can as I plan on making these discs for the last time.
1. If you have a stock stereo, use 128kbs. If you have a whacked out system a la scooba (or at least what he use to have) and have a very keen ear, use 192 or 256kbps (320 if you are an absolute diehard).

2. When burning, don't burn at more than 16x. When you burn above that, the chances of creating errors and such increase dramatically.

3. When ripping songs, use the normalize option to 98%. Helps big time when you don't want to change the volume for every song. Ya might not have these problems when downloading from Itunes. But WTF do I know about iCraps and iPrunes.

If you have to use any software for ripping, use EZCDDAX. Check download.com to get it. Its the s*** for creating non-copyrighted mp3's.

Disclaimer: I will not be held repsonsible for any use/misuse of the tools or ideas as held above for unlawful purposes.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Thanks dude.

As for programs, unfortunately I'll be using Itunes. I've never had a problem with it yet :blink:

I'll be burning like Mississippi this weekend.

Thanks!
I always rip my music at 320 and then burn either regular discs or mp3 disc at 12X. This has seemed to give me the best quality that I've noticed. You don't get quite as many songs on a disc and take up more hard disk space but imo it's woth it. :D
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Ah, I still remeber placing the mic of my portable cassette recorder up to the radio speaker and hitting the rec button. I'm sure it wasn't yesterday, but it really doesn't seem too long ago. :)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Yup I remember those days, recording off of the fm dial and being choked when they put their radio station ads at the end of the song " FOX ROCKS!!! That was Poison with Every Rose Has Its Thorn and you heard it on 99.3 the fox, vancouver rock and roll headquarters!" with like 30 seconds left in the song.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like