Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Rear Disk Brakes?
This morning I was driving down Bayview, south of 407 in Thornhill, I spotted a non descript silver sedan with tinted windows. Nothing to write home about.

Since the traffic was pretty heavy, I had plenty of time to look at this sedan beside me. I look down at the wheels (stock alloys), then bling! Shiny drilled rear brakes????

I look at the front brakes and they looked like stock. I look back at the rear and realize that they were fake disk brake covers that hide the rusty drums. :lol:

Anyone seen these before?
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
yeah, seen these on civics a few years ago.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
how ghetto.....its like puttin that stupid thing in your muffler that sounds like turbo....

all those fake things are so gay
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
or like spinner hubcaps..
ZX3T gone..
Or non-functioning roof scoops! :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Yeah I've seen those locally on a ZX3, really really tacky..... from a distance, it makes you look but up close, the laughing begins.
I dunno, the Focus could sure use something like that to cover up the rear drums <_<

I'm gonna laugh at the mechanic that has to take the rear drums off on mine, they'll need a crowbar & a blowtorch

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 3 2006, 11:25 AM Wrote:I dunno, the Focus could sure use something like that to cover up the rear drums <_<

I'm gonna laugh at the mechanic that has to take the rear drums off on mine, they'll need a crowbar & a blowtorch

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]209935[/snapback][/right]

Oh i hear ya, i felt bad when i brought my car to my mechanic to have the rear shoes done. I don't think the rear drums had been off the car since it left the factory 5 yrs earlier. Couldn't have been an easy job to do.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

dBlast,Oct 3 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:This morning I was driving down Bayview, south of 407 in Thornhill, I spotted a non descript silver sedan with tinted windows.  Nothing to write home about.

Since the traffic was pretty heavy, I had plenty of time to look at this sedan beside me.  I look down at the wheels (stock alloys), then bling!  Shiny drilled rear brakes????

I look at the front brakes and they looked like stock.  I look back at the rear and realize that they were fake disk brake covers that hide the rusty drums. :lol:

Anyone seen these before?
[right][snapback]209908[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, my Uncle has them on his Mazda 3. They are jokey looking.
I painted my drums all nice, in fact they're a nice shiny black...
We'll see what winter brings. :(
how hard is it to install rear disk brakes on the focus?

i know its kind of a dumb quastion but still how hard is it?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Oct 3 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:how hard is it to install rear disk brakes on the  focus?
[right][snapback]209952[/snapback][/right]

I think the easiest way is to get the rear disc brake assembly from an SVT (or there are a few non-SVTs with rear discs, I think they're the ones with traction control and all that extra crap). I know there have been a few threads about it and I think someone listed all the parts you need for the swap, a quick search should find something.
dBlast,Oct 3 2006, 08:23 AM Wrote:Anyone seen these before?
[right][snapback]209908[/snapback][/right]

i had 'em back when i first got my car, but they were blue :unsure:

[Image: DSC01070.jpg]

2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting