Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Investing In Boost....
Well, the subject headers say it all...

So I'm asking the people here with Boosted Foci if the difference in power is worth it, and being able to keep up with more powerfull cars justifies the expense.

Wondering what would be the most "Plug-n'-play" oriented...

Focusforce S/C?

Thx
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
if your going to do it , get the powerworks kit, its the closest to plug and play there is.
Hahaha Investing.. thats the wrong word :lol:

Seriously though, I put in alot of work in my focus to learn and to go faster.. and to save money from buying a whole kit. I feel that it was worth it in the end. Its not all that "dangerous" in the end IF you do it properly. Specially if you buy a kit, there shouldn'T be much headaches in installing it (besides rusted bolts).. If i had the choice to do it again, i might not start from stratch like i did the first time but i would definitly do it over again.. but also in my case, it was the custom work that was the most work.

If you get a chance to get a ride.. go for it.. you'll love it
ZX3T gone..
When we bought the car and Aaron test drove it in Vancouver, it didn't have boost. When he got home he told me he negotiated for the car to get a JRSC kit.

I have been in both a faster Foci and alot slower Foci.

Boost is best. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
BerinG,Sep 22 2006, 01:15 PM Wrote:Hahaha Investing.. thats the wrong word  :lol:
[right][snapback]208130[/snapback][/right]

x2, although it will increase the value of your car don't expect to get more than half your investment back (if that) if/when you sell the car. That said, the powerworks kit is designed to be installed and uninstalled with out any permanant modifications to the car. I can't speak for any other kits but from what I read from darkpuppets posts the Vortec kit would have been a HUGE pain in the a$$ to remove and turn the car back to stock (dollar signs intentional). I've read about a few guys who have had the Procharger and gone back to stock with minimal fuss as well. Best bang for the buck would be to try to find a used kit, but then you run the risk of missing parts or other items that were included in the original kit. Take this with a grain of salt, its all just IMHO and I've never been in a boosted fOCUS.
Adding boost does not increaes the value of your car, in fact adding anything to your stock car doesn't add any value. Unless you can target those that want the upgrades, whats that like 5% of the people buying used cars?

All things can be undone, theres nothing really permanent.

In the end I think it was worth it because I think that the car really needs 200+whp to come alive.

I was quite impressed with that guy from the UK that posted on here a while ago that bought the PW kit from Mitch, and later upgraded to the high boost version with an engine buildup. 300+ hp on pump gas is very respectable.

Just that it'll run the better part of 5-6000 installed for the regular kit if I get a shop to do it, or help me.

Anyways, I've just been trying to come up with ideas for changes to my car to rekindle interest in it again...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Sep 22 2006, 10:41 PM Wrote:I was quite impressed with that guy from the UK that posted on here a while ago that bought the PW kit from Mitch, and later upgraded to the high boost version with an engine buildup.  300+ hp on pump gas is very respectable.

Just that it'll run the better part of 5-6000 installed for the regular kit if I get a shop to do it, or help me.

Anyways, I've just been trying to come up with ideas for changes to my car to rekindle interest in it again...
[right][snapback]208158[/snapback][/right]

Boost and paint is hopefully in the works to keep my interest going!

X6 for Boost!!!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
somebody really needs to give me a ride in one of the sc or turbo focus's ...i still don't know what its like. the tourq, the speed i need to feel it

but i am planning to take a bank loan to get PW
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Sep 23 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:somebody really needs to give me a ride in one of the sc or turbo focus's ...i still don't know what its like. the tourq, the speed    i need to feel it

but i am planning to take a bank loan to get PW
[right][snapback]208176[/snapback][/right]

We run atx's, trust me... it's noticeable with boost.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Is it worth it?

Fawk yeah, but dont look at it as an investement as some have said....its the opposite. Its 4-6G's that will do nothing but put a smile on your face, and maybe put a frown on some of those G35 coupe drivers faces. ;)

If I was to do it all over again....built block and run more psi.

And go turbo, its a different feeling from sc cars. A Better feeling.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
^^^ you have custom built turbo right?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I agree I enjoy Turbo better than supercharger.. its just not the same feel at all.. i mean for some, they might like superchargers better..

but for me.. i prefer turbo.. keep in mind, you can have similar numbers using both but it might be easier to upgrade with a turbo setup.. all this depends on your goals obviously
ZX3T gone..
NikiterZTS,Sep 25 2006, 12:31 PM Wrote:^^^ you have custom built turbo right?
[right][snapback]208416[/snapback][/right]
yup
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Drivesthebeast,Sep 23 2006, 02:41 AM Wrote:I was quite impressed with that guy from the UK that posted on here a while ago that bought the PW kit from Mitch, and later upgraded to the high boost version with an engine buildup.  300+ hp on pump gas is very respectable.

[right][snapback]208158[/snapback][/right]

That'll be me fella. I bought the Big Boost Kit version from Mitch from the outset and combined it with a ported and polished cylinder head and Omex engine management.

Replying to the original poster, is it worth it..nah. That huge grin, the satisfaction of toasting cars costing over 4x as much, the power delivery, the tyre squealing fun. Just do it :D :D
Focus ST170, Powerworks Big Boost SC kit, gasflowed ported and polished cylinder head, Piper exhaust cam vernier pulley, Hayward & Scott custom exhaust, RT Sports CAT, Omex 710 engine management, Magnecor KV-85 HT leads, Fidanza aluminium flywheel, Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch, Black Diamond front brake discs, Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads, EGR bodykit and spoiler, Cervinis Mach 5 bonnet, Defi gauges, Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter.
To come.....Staenz conn rods, JE custom pistons, Aquamist, Mocal oil cooler, KW Variant II coilovers, H&R anti-roll bars, Hughes Eng rear strut brace, uprated oil pump, LCR Camber plates, Rear camber bolts, Ferriday exhaust gasket, wheels.