Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Air Flow Sensor Wiring
Well I just had to spend some more on the car today. I was driving from Belleville to Trenton last night and the car began to buck violently. The gf thought I was horsing around till I pulled over.

I poped the hood and began the inspection with a flash light (1230pm) When I touched the wiring for the mass air flow the car stalled out. I looked closer and found that the black orange wire to the wiring harness had corroded and broke free. Needless to say I gave here the old RED GREEN treatment and got her home.

I just took it to FORD and they told me they could do it for $375 (labour and parts) or I can just order the repair kit for $79.11 and do it myself. I will be doing it myself since I do that stuff everyday at work. The sh**y thing is all the repair kit has is the six pin connector and two inches for colour codeded wire on it. I've got to cut and splice the new connector into the old harness.

Part comes in tomorrow (so they say) and will do the repair tomorrow night and see how the old beast runs after that.

Repairs to date:

1. EGR tube from manifold $114.74
2. front right strut $80.00
3. Mass air flow sensor harness $79.11

grand total of: $273.85 in one year last car cost me $2939.33 in it's last year
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
PIGEON1,Aug 16 2006, 11:08 AM Wrote:Well I just had to spend some more on the car today. I was driving from Belleville to Trenton last night and the car began to buck violently. The gf thought I was horsing around till I pulled over.

I poped the hood and began the inspection with a flash light (1230pm) When I touched the wiring for the mass air flow the car stalled out. I looked closer and found that the black orange wire to the wiring harness had corroded and broke free.  Needless to say I gave here the old RED GREEN treatment and got her home.

I just took it to FORD and they told me they could do it for $375 (labour and parts) or I can just order the repair kit for $79.11 and do it myself.  I will be doing it myself since I do that stuff everyday at work. The sh**y thing is all the repair kit has is the six pin connector and two inches for colour codeded wire on it. I've got to cut and splice the new connector into the old harness.

Part comes in tomorrow (so they say) and will do the repair tomorrow night and see how the old beast runs after that.

Repairs to date:

1. EGR tube from manifold  $114.74
2. front right strut  $80.00
3. Mass air flow sensor harness  $79.11

grand total of: $273.85 in one year  last car cost me $2939.33 in it's last year
[right][snapback]202619[/snapback][/right]
I had the same problem but i did not know what it was at first so i got stung with the dealer price(it is fuuny how the had a kit to fix it?)
yeah... that's a bitch, but thank god it should be just a simple splice job...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Aug 16 2006, 04:55 PM Wrote:yeah... that's a bitch, but thank god it should be just a simple splice job...
[right][snapback]202682[/snapback][/right]

Got the new harness connector, and heat shrink for the six wires off the connector. I can't believe that they could charge someone $80 for what I got. But needless to say the actual repair was nothing. If you know how to cut strip and splice your set for this repair. It took me 20 min. to do it; and the car runs like a top again.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)