Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blitz Spec S Elec Boost Controller
:D :D :D

This little machine works great. Has 4 different boost settings, warning mode, Gain setting, and Max boost viewer. Also displays Vac/boost in display mode.

Install was really easy. Your ususal ground and ignition sources. I t'd in my existing vacum line off my boost guage for vaccum. The solenoid "In" portion is hooked up to the Intake manifold, the "Out" portion is hooked up to the wastegate. This is what took me the longest in install....I had to call a couple of freinds to make sure I was doing it right.

Setting the boost: Really easy as long as you read the instructions. :P At 1st, when I went out for my test drive, I had turned up the "Volume" button to about 9 thinking this will net me 9psi....nope...turned up some more, still at 9psi....more, still at 9psi.

"Frig, did I intsall it wrong"

Checked the instructions again..."Please note, this number is not the boost of your turbo but a percentage of your turbos capabilities" :o :lol:

Turned it up to 55, went for a drive, hit 3rd gear, WOT, 15 psi :ph34r: :o :blink:

Yeah, better turn that down. :lol:

So after I found the setting for 12 psi, I set it at that and went do to more testing. Theres a road I really like because its uphill and its about a km long. Really good to show people the power of a turbod foci ;) For this test, I had the machine set at 2 settings. 9psi and 12psi. When I was climbing the hill I started in 4th gear at around 2000rpm and mashed the gas, 9psi by 3000rpm, flick the knob over to 12psi, instant boost spike to 13psi, warning light goes off for about a half second (I have the warning set for 13psi) and it quickly setlles to 12psi until I let off the throttle or, return it to 9psi with the machine. So freakin deakin cool.

The gain setting is to control the spool up time of the turbo. I palyed with it, but it only resulted in stoopid boost spike. I called my tuner and he said to set the gain pretty low, since the turbo I have is tiny and doesnt need any help spooling any quicker. He mentioned I would notice this more with a bigger turbo, but wont notice it much with mine. I say you wont notice it at all on a 14B turbo.

So all in all, its a great little toy, works really well, and install was easier than I thought. The wifey bought this for me used for $275, and I think she did pretty good. B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Pics!!! PICS!!!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin