Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anyone Here Been To Cuba?
Hey fellas:

Anyone here been to Cuba recently? Jen ans I are planning the honeymoon and we're leaning towards Cuba.

What I'm wondering is...If you've been there, what resprt and how was it?

Any reccomendations?

Thanks!

We'll be booking by the end of the week.

Cheers.

-Anthony.
Yes!! I went to Cuba early March..

We stayed at Club Amigo in Guardalavaca (Close to Holguin), it was really nice, I guess it depends what yuo want, it was a 3.5 star but even the 5 stars were pretty much the same. It cost about $600/person for the whole week (last minute travel- which I HIGHLY recomend) but with that it was all inclusive food, drinks, we were right on the ocean, went snorkling etc etc. They had everything there that you could ever want, and if you really want to get out they had markets close by, or mopeds/horse and buggy. If you are more into the tourist-y locations you should probably head to Varadero but it was my first time to Cuba and it was more than amazing.

MAN why did I come back here!?!! haha

Hope this helps!
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
jen_deans,May 16 2006, 08:56 AM Wrote:Yes!! I went to Cuba early March..

We stayed at Club Amigo in Guardalavaca (Close to Holguin), it was really nice, I guess it depends what yuo want, it was a 3.5 star but even the 5 stars were pretty much the same. It cost about $600/person for the whole week (last minute travel- which I HIGHLY recomend) but with that it was all inclusive food, drinks, we were right on the ocean, went snorkling etc etc. They had everything there that you could ever want, and if you really want to get out they had markets close by, or mopeds/horse and buggy. If you are more into the tourist-y locations you should probably head to Varadero but it was my first time to Cuba and it was more than amazing.

MAN why did I come back here!?!! haha

Hope this helps!
[right][snapback]187787[/snapback][/right]

Sure does, thanks. We just wnated some reviews before we book. Thanks!
I was in Veradero Cuba in February.

I think there are about a couple of dozen hotels along this penisula.

We stayed at the Sol Palmeras, part of the Sol Melia chain of hotels. The hotel is a little bit dated (probably about 15 years old) but it was nice enough. We actually stayed in the bungalos because I brought the kids too.

The beaches were excellent! The food wasn't bad. Our resort had a main dining hall with a large selection of food as well as 5 other specific restaurants. A couple of them were open air (thatched roof and no walls.) Even though you were eating outside there was an eerie absence of any bugs. None of the opening windows had any screens in the hotel rooms. You can't do that in Canada.

Be prepared for a lot of second hand smoke, however. Cuba does not have the advanced anti-smoking by-laws that we have here.

Book a catamaran tour if you go. They take you out all day, stop at a reef for some snorkling, stop where you can swim with the dolphins, and drop you off at a secluded island where they serve an excellent seafood lunch (2 huge prawns that circle your plate plus 4 mini lobster tails.) They give some time to enjoy the beach there before they take you back to the mainland.

Here is picture of Al Capone's house along the same beach:
[Image: CaponeHouse2.jpg]
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
just a random thought.. if you need to do any travel to the US, i'd really think twice about having a cuba visa stamp on your passport.

i personally won't go to cuba because i need to travel for work, and anything that might impair my ability to do work (or make travelling a biatch going forward) is a no go for me
Oh and another thing about Cuba...

No damn loud Yankees!
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,May 16 2006, 12:19 PM Wrote:Oh and another thing about Cuba...

No damn loud Yankees!
[right][snapback]187860[/snapback][/right]

SOLD.
I'm seriously thinking of booking a trip to cuba this OCT when prices go cheap,

I've seen them go as low as 300 for a week at a 4 star hotel in cuba. (last minute though)
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Yeah we want to go for under a 1000 bucks.

Honey-mooners get all sorts of shag..er..um...I mean swag.
Your wedding is in June right?

Are you leaving right after or delaying it for a bit? I'm pretty sure prices dont start going up until late june early july. Then they drop in sept/oct.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I've heard it's awesome. I've never been, and being that i'm in the military, i have to fill out all this dum paperwork, prior to my departure, so I choose not to bother...i'll just go to edmonton...LOL..yippie

Have fun on your trip
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Cuba's nice from what I'm told, and the locals are even more friendly than the Dominican apparently.

However, if you adventure outside the resort.... be super-careful about who you talk to and what you say. Even as a guest there, criticism of Castro and communism will get you in a world of hurt.

Locals = sympathetic
Spies for gov't = not so much

It's clean, the cars are sweet, and the food's good.

But yeah, as Naz said... flying there might ultimately hurt you if your passport is stamped. Mine wasn't in the DR, but that might be a completely different situation.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I travel for work so I'm guessing a Cuba stamp wouldn't be the end of the world.

I've travelled to the Carribean and other third-world countries before. I've been briefed on the what-not-to-do's.

We're leaving july 16th...It's peak season but we don;t care, we're dying to get away.
I been to Cuba and plan on going again soon.

Takes lots of little free perfumes, necklaces as you can. All that cheap junk stuff people usuallly get in the mail. They love getting little things like that.
When I was younger I got to goto Columbia. I swear I could have traded my Montreal Expos hat for a Ferrari and 100lbs of coke.
ANTHONYD,May 16 2006, 03:56 PM Wrote:I travel for work so I'm guessing a Cuba stamp wouldn't be the end of the world.
[right][snapback]187952[/snapback][/right]
I think the point he was making was about travel into the United States with a Cuba stamp in your passport.

Given that Cuba is the subject of a complete American diplomatic and economic embargo, and Americans are forbidden to travel to Cuba, your Cuba stamp might raise some red flags with U.S. immigration next time you travel there.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *