Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Lock Problem
I have been having a problem with my door locks the unlock on the drivers door is not working and now the lock on the pass side will not stay locked. It is driving me up the wall I don't have any ideas....... Has anyone had a problem like this before?
Don't take it to Ford cause they'll blame it on your " vertical doors " and then quote you on 2 new doors and the labour.

So do you hear the locks working/moving? if not then look at a possible connection issue or fuse. Is the battery still working? Moving from there I would see if your actuators are being blocked by something in the door, taking the door panel off might help with this. That should be a good start.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
lol

I should be the problem ginipig (sp).

My locks were doing the exact same thing, I took apart the panels, played around and couldnt see why. Brought it to the dealership, they used some lube somewhere (dont know where) but my locks were working properly after and they didnt charge me for the work, so it couldnt have been that hard of a fix.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Thanks guys i will give it a try

Brad
Flofocus,May 2 2006, 06:20 PM Wrote:lol

I should be the problem ginipig (sp).

My locks were doing the exact same thing, I took apart the panels, played around and couldnt see why.  Brought it to the dealership, they used some lube somewhere (dont know where) but my locks were working properly after and they didnt charge me for the work, so it couldnt have been that hard of a fix.
[right][snapback]184588[/snapback][/right]

ahh it could be part of that recall for the doors. Did you notice if your doors were hard to open, like from the handle? If something that is meant to be lubed is dry it could have enough resistance that the actuators don't have enough force to move the mechanisim.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door Lock Issue Focus man. Focus. 15 5,092 09-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Last Post: 4doorfocus
  Dumb Question? -door Lock Buttons. Scourge 4 2,405 01-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Scourge
  Power Door Lock Problem (unlock Does Not Work) greanie 7 7,886 07-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  Door Lock Problem hyprlte 10 3,455 02-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Last Post: hyprlte
  Passenger Side Front Door Lock Jaigon 3 1,828 06-01-2005, 04:59 AM
Last Post: habmann
  Sticky Lock Mech. Drivers Door Penwraith 2 1,792 05-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Penwraith