Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford F 150 Commercial
Uh, I paid $30 for my truck in 98. But it's paid itself back and then some, so I think it has been a good, for lack of a better word, investment.
Vehicles are hardly an investment, but when it helps pay the bills, it becomes almost a necessity.

But not for $57 grand.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
my dad bought one in 2004, he paid $40k for his, I laugh everytime he goes to fill up the tank. $100-120 a ttank. Dammn
HAH!, buy used, 8 grand :P for a 98.
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
meford4u,Mar 26 2006, 09:36 AM Wrote:Uh, I paid $30 for my truck in 98.  But it's paid itself back and then some, so I think it has been  a good, for lack of a better word, investment.[right][snapback]177017[/snapback][/right]
I always call them supercrews, but in-plant we called them "6-man cabs".

Like this:
[Image: a41986.jpg]

$30G was a lot of money for a truck at the time, considering it was nearly double the cost of a regular truck. I guess it would be the equivalent of a $57G now.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
$57 easy. I still like the old style of trucks from back then
I thought I saw one of the big 3 list an extended cab for just over 20Gs with a small 8 in it. Maybe it was the TimCrack in my hand at the time.

It's a very cool commercial, and I'm quite sure they used some serious cable and pulleys. I used to run snatch blocks and other tackle as part of a "rollover crew" when I worked for A Towing many, many years ago. My Dad's still there, driving a 40-ton Pete double axle with either a Vulcan or NRC wrecker and an underlift as well for buses and grab'n'go jobs.

If you think that's cool, you should see a 60-ton wrecker lift and roll a cement mixer in the air! :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Fusion Commercial Frost__2001 10 3,692 10-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Last Post: SVT ZX3