Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlights - What Are These ...
I found these pics of a brand new 2006 Focus - and something about the front end didn't look right. Can anyone identify these headlights and this bumper?

[Image: 2006Focusfront1.jpg]

[Image: 2006Focusfront3.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Those are the headlights and bumper from a 2002-04 stock european Focus. Definitely not North American and definitely not 2006 model..
2002 + face lift i believe
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
definately looks like mexican spec headlamps
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Mar 17 2006, 11:06 PM Wrote:definately looks like mexican spec headlamps
[right][snapback]175589[/snapback][/right]
Bingo -- 2006 Ford Focus from Mexico - I was surprised they weren't selling the same as us and US - will those lights and bumper fit our '00 to '04 cars?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

ZTWsquared,Mar 17 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:
Bingo -- 2006 Ford Focus from Mexico - I was surprised they weren't selling the same as us and US - will those lights and bumper fit our '00 to '04 cars?
[right][snapback]175591[/snapback][/right]

Nice and yes i believe they will

heard rumors of guys makin runs down there to get parts
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
ZTWsquared,Mar 17 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]175591[/snapback][/right]
find pics of Frosts2001 and he is doing just that with a front lip to the front of his car.

It looks really nice

here

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=15658

the headlights are the same as the picture you have shown, just that his are the St170's that are the black housing.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Actually it's dark gray not black. I have seen a few guys in the UK open up their lights and paint theirs to body colour like that on the Honda Fit / Jazz.

and thanks for the photo op. there Meford.

Yo can fit these light to all models of the Focus, but you need a wiring harness kit to do the change over to move the signel lights out of the grille on the 00 ~ 04 models, and to put these lights on a 05 ~ 06 you'd have to change quite a bit on the car to use these lights, such as changing the fenders, hood, and bumper, and upper grille to the 00~04 style, a few guys have done this to 05 ST's just to put the Xenon lights in like that found on the MACH ZTS & American Euro packaged SVT's.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Ford Can/US just plain old sucks.

Mexicans can get colour matched folding mirrors, a tow hook, nice lights but I can't? Something is just so wrong about that, I mean we a talking about a country that still built 1936 Beetles till recently. Why the fruck I am put into the position of envying Mexicans? Can somebody from Ford explain this? Can anyone?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Don't ask me. I scratch my head (big and little) daily with the blunders and bad decision making I see at work. I have to chuckle at some of the remarks you guys make about your cars on here because the mistakes at work are huge compared to a little problem (but big to the consumer) like door gap.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I just find it funny that our Mexican-built Foci are different from the ones the Mexicans drive themselves. And they get the BETTER ones.

Well, getting parts from Mexico should be dirt cheap compared to getting them from Europe! Anyone here speak Spanish, and want to start sufing eBay down there?
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Casper,Mar 19 2006, 01:33 AM Wrote:Well, getting parts from Mexico should be dirt cheap compared to getting them from Europe! Anyone here speak Spanish, and want to start sufing eBay down there?[right][snapback]175746[/snapback][/right]
My brother lives down there 6 months of the year - I've already got him looking into available sources of supply.

BTW - that 2006 Mexican Focus has the Mk I interior and the Zetec engine (edit: maybe not - photo is Zetec, product description says Duratec.)

If the price is reasonable I may be interested in a set of those headlights. Keep us informed on what you find out.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Hell, lights, grille, AND bumpers....
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
2001 ZTS,Mar 18 2006, 04:29 PM Wrote:Ford Can/US just plain old sucks.

Mexicans can get colour matched folding mirrors, a tow hook, nice lights but I can't? Something is just so wrong about that, I mean we a talking about a country that still built 1936 Beetles till recently. Why the fruck I am put into the position of envying Mexicans? Can somebody from Ford explain this? Can anyone?
[right][snapback]175703[/snapback][/right]

Know what's funny, the mexicans who like to customize their cars or are just really into the focus probably sit and bitch and moan that we get all the cool s*** and they're stuck with stupid color matched mirrors and a tow hook and would rather our headlights :D
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Checked the Mexican eBay site... up till the 2005 reesign, they had the same bumpers and headlights as we did. They only got the nice stuff recently.... would make it hard to find used parts for cheap.
White 2001 ZX3

My Focus
My Photography
Holy crap! They also sell the Ka, Fiesta, and Mondeo there..... along with some butt-ugly thing called the Ikon. And the Focus is only available as a sedan down there now.

Now that I think about it, I saw a Ka on the roads up here a few months ago, and wondered how they got it through customs... most likely a Mexico market vehicle, then....

Also have a truck smaller than the Ranger. Still sell the old F150 alongside the new one, which they call the Lobo.

And a SUV smaller than the Escape... the EcoSport.

http://www.ford.com.mx/home.asp
White 2001 ZX3

My Focus
My Photography
Casper,Mar 23 2006, 11:14 PM Wrote:Holy crap! They also sell the Ka, Fiesta, and Mondeo there..... along with some butt-ugly thing called the Ikon. And the Focus is only available as a sedan down there now.

Now that I think about it, I saw a Ka on the roads up here a few months ago, and wondered how they got it through customs... most likely a Mexico market vehicle, then....

Also have a truck smaller than the Ranger. Still sell the old F150 alongside the new one, which they call the Lobo.

And a SUV smaller than the Escape... the EcoSport.

http://www.ford.com.mx/home.asp
[right][snapback]176682[/snapback][/right]

yup,. its not really new news. a lot of people know or heard that mexicans get the best of american cars, and european cars. since e-spec is allowd over there, also notice their licence plates are euro over there? they get mexi-euro plates too for some cars. a lotof vee dubbers tried buying/importing their cars from mexico in the past cus htey got the better engines than the us vw have ever sold, and guess what, they were not only successfull, but they saved money too due to the mexican dollar difference.. so its a win/win situation, plus being NAFTA, helps us outtoo.. your still technically in north america when you buy/import the parts, and technically should be a lot cheaper, why go to europe when all the cool parts ARe on our side of the pond to begin with, we just didnt realize it till now.
My other ride is your Mom