Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sub Setup
heres the deal. I have 2 jensen subs and 1 8" Nitrous bottle bazooka sub. I wouldn't mind having all 3 of these bad boys in my car. The Nitrous bottle I want for the cosmetic value...that and well it does sound pretty good.

I have a KAC 929 1000watt amp to power these all with. The Jensens only require 125watts RMS and the Bazooka is about 100watts RMS so here is what I was thinking of doing.

[Image: SubSetup.JPG]

The 2 jensens would be on 1 channel running at 2ohm where the NOS bottle would be on the other channel running at 4 ohm. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Does it work or does the amp hate this kind of setup?
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
first off...I think a 1000W amp will anihilate those speakers into next week...

second I don't believe this will work running 2 seperate resistances....

get a second, smaller, cheap amp...like a monoblock, or a decent 2 channel and run it like that,.,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but, I dont think this will work....

<shameless plug>
OR ..buy my clarion 2-channel amp...its 640W max 320rms...
</shameless plug>
First off it's 1000W Peak power which means absolutely nothing. That amp only put out the following:

Power Output at 2 Ohms, at 14.4V (1kHz, 0.8% THD): 230 Watts x 2

Power Output at 4 Ohms, at 14.4V (20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD): 150 Watts x 2

Second of all there is no way to make both the pair of jensen subs, and the bazooka sub have the same resistance. By wiring the jensen subs in parallel you will have a 2 ohm resistance and by wiring them in series you will have an 8 ohm resistance. The bazooka (because it's by itself) will always have a 4 ohm resistance. You can either run the jensen subs on that amp or the bazooka sub. I don't know how much power the jensen subs can take but I'm guessing the best way to wire it would be to run each jensen sub on each channel of the amp (assuming they're 4ohm resistance by themselves)

Rockford Fosgate's website has a woofer wiring wizard that might help you:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp
I'm just after installing my old Jensen 10's into my g/f's car... pumping them with 500w at 2 ohms (250 a piece) and the things SCREAM... her car is louder than mine :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
ok I figured I would just drop the idea by and see what can be done. I am gonna keep the NOS bass tube in storage and pound these 10's with the KAC 929. I have them wired up right now running 150watts RMS per channel @ 4 ohm each sub on its own channel.

I have driven these KAC 929's @ 2ohm stable over a bridge and they held up nicely. Whoever said that the KAC 929 can't do a 2ohm stable load has no idea. Once I get these subs broken in I am gonna paralell them off the amp @ 2ohm dumping god knows what kinda power into them and see how long they hold up before they come apart.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.