Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review: Poweracoustik Pr 573
Well, at $59 per pair, they aren't exactly gonna break your wallet. They are a 3-way speaker, designed to handle upto 200w peak, with an aluminum injected woofer cone, and aluminum tweeters. Available in both a 5x7" or a 6x8". Changing the speakers in the Foci was pretty simple, however, some of the top clips for the right rear panel decided to break off of the panel, and I had to glue them back on and let them sit out overnight (fingers crossed they don't come off again when trying to shoehorn the panel back into place again).

The reveiw...well, out of the box they look kinda nice, and when in place in the doors and under the factory grilles, they add some nice contrast to an overly charcoal grey door panel. Once wired and fired, they see, to be a little on the "bright" or harsh side. I'm thinking this will change after some break-in, and so far, that seems to be the case. Compared to the stockers, they definately play a lot more detail. I hear sound effects in songs now that I didn't notice before. Clarity is definately what these were meant for. However, the SQ comes at a price. I was told by the guys at Audio Vibe that these speakers like to be run off an amp, and not so much off of the HU's internal one. Well, I guess they were right...they don't play as loud as the stock speakers did at the same volume...but it seems like they play with less effort, so maybe they are meant to crank up more. Either way, I was more interested in better SQ in the mid and high ranges anyways. They sound good on everything I load into the deck...Jazz, hard rock, rap, r&b, etc. They never seem to colour the sound at all, and also seem to have a bigger sonic image on some recordings too. So, after taxes, at $79 per pair, they are a definate bargain. After some break-in, I'm sure they will sound even better, and possibly a little bit warmer.

Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Sound like the speakers I got from Mobile Authority... but in hindsight, I woulda saved up for components right off the bat
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)