Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well It Finally Happened
after pushing my luck for the past 2 weeks and driving around without a front plate mounted to my new bumper ... i finally got pulled over by a cop in wasaga and he gave me a ticket.

$110 for not having 2 visible plates mounted to the car. sitting it on the dash isn't good enough apperantly.

The good thing is that this ticket is gonna be thrown out once i go talk to the JOP. He marked down the year of my vehicle as an 05, when its an 02. And he didn't state a time to appear in court on the back of the ticket. He just left it blank.

STUPID cops
Below Average Car Club
wow what dumb cops, cant even fill out a ticket :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Does he have your plate # or VIN # right? If that's the case I really doubt they will through it out for a mistake on the year...lol

Also, since when do they state a time to appear in court on the back of the ticket? You have to show up and then request a court date, which is then sent to you in the mail several months later.
mmmmm.....someone's going to court.... :(
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
schade,Jul 24 2005, 09:07 PM Wrote:after pushing my luck for the past 2 weeks and driving around without a front plate mounted to my new bumper ... i finally got pulled over by a cop in wasaga and he gave me a ticket.

$110 for not having 2 visible plates mounted to the car.  sitting it on the dash isn't good enough apperantly.

The good thing is that this ticket is gonna be thrown out once i go talk to the JOP.  He marked down the year of my vehicle as an 05, when its an 02.  And he didn't state a time to appear in court on the back of the ticket.  He just left it blank.

STUPID cops
[right][snapback]124812[/snapback][/right]

Making mistakes on a ticket will NOT get your ticket thrown out of court. Not in Ontario, thats for sure.

The only way you could get off for a technaquality (sp) on a ticket, would be if he actually fawked up writing the charge down on the ticket.

My Careless ticket had 2 typo mistakes on it, and it still didn't matter.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah, I think you still may have to go man.

1: They NEVER write a time to appear in court, you have to go and set that up

2: The year of the car being wrong on the ticket? I don't think that will float man. I'm pretty sure the ticket would have gotten tossed had he/she got the license # wrong.
ANTHONYD,Jul 25 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:Yeah, I think you still may have to go man.

1: They NEVER write a time to appear in court, you have to go and set that up
[right][snapback]124902[/snapback][/right]

Yes, thats option 3 on the back of the ticket. You have to set this up yourself.

Pretty bad, I know all the options. :ph34r:
schade,Jul 25 2005, 01:07 AM Wrote:The good thing is that this ticket is gonna be thrown out once i go talk to the JOP.  He marked down the year of my vehicle as an 05, when its an 02.  And he didn't state a time to appear in court on the back of the ticket.  He just left it blank.

STUPID cops

:rolleyes:

Before you jump to conclusions and start insulting the people that protect YOU, that's the year of the expiry date on your plate, NOT the year of the car. Justice of the Peace will NEVER throw out a ticket based on a stupid little mistake like that. Unless it was something major that casts doubt on the prosecution's testimony, such as "Blue Honda Civic" when you're driving a red focus, there isnt a typo in the world that will clear you, even if the year was wrong.
Fingers,Jul 25 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:
schade,Jul 25 2005, 01:07 AM Wrote:The good thing is that this ticket is gonna be thrown out once i go talk to the JOP.  He marked down the year of my vehicle as an 05, when its an 02.  And he didn't state a time to appear in court on the back of the ticket.  He just left it blank.

STUPID cops

Before you jump to conclusions and start insulting the people that protect YOU,
[right][snapback]124916[/snapback][/right]

Protect me.....LOL.

why are you going to waste someone's time trying to get this thrown out? you KNOW it's the law, you stated you were pushing your luck. So you know you were wrong. They caught you so go pay the fine for being a dumbass and don't waste more tax payers money by fighting something you're not going to win and prolly end up taking a day off work for. Who cares if a front plate looks ugly on the car, it's the law where we live so abide by it, if you break it you should have $110 set aside for when they catch you.

:blink:
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Have to agree with nass on this one. You know it's the law, you expected a ticket and now you got one. If you know you can be ticketed for doing something, you shouldnt be so offended that you have to pay the fine.

And to get a ticket thrown out you're going to need something important (like the make/model of vehicle, license plate, etc) mistaken, not just a 2 as a 5.

You're just wasting your own time, and the court's time which is costing everyone else tax dollars..

I kept my front plate on until the SK law changed and stated we dont need front plates anymore.
I've had my birthdatecence plate/intersections all wrong on various tickets... Sorry to say but the worship will most likely not give a crap. Worth the argument though.
nass,Jul 25 2005, 05:07 PM Wrote:why are you going to waste someone's time trying to get this thrown out? you KNOW it's the law, you stated you were pushing your luck. So you know you were wrong. They caught you so go pay the fine for being a dumbass and don't waste more tax payers money by fighting something you're not going to win and prolly end up  taking a day off work for.  Who cares if a front plate looks ugly on the car, it's the law where we live so abide by it, if you break it you should have $110 set aside for when they catch you.

[right][snapback]124989[/snapback][/right]

Wow, are u my brother from another mother? Classic fuktard response."Thumbs up"
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jul 25 2005, 10:41 PM Wrote:
nass,Jul 25 2005, 05:07 PM Wrote:why are you going to waste someone's time trying to get this thrown out? you KNOW it's the law, you stated you were pushing your luck. So you know you were wrong. They caught you so go pay the fine for being a dumbass and don't waste more tax payers money by fighting something you're not going to win and prolly end up  taking a day off work for.  Who cares if a front plate looks ugly on the car, it's the law where we live so abide by it, if you break it you should have $110 set aside for when they catch you.

[right][snapback]124989[/snapback][/right]

Wow, are u my brother from another mother? Classic fuktard response."Thumbs up"
[right][snapback]125114[/snapback][/right]

Johny is that you?! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending