Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Bang For The Buck Mods
I disagree with the people that say exhaust is not needed. I dropped half a second in my quarter because of my exhaust. I went with AEM's Cold Air Intake, And a 2.25" Magnaflow Exhaust. Next up is a FC Throttle Body and Better Breaks. The SVT breaks tend to warp over time so I would replace those as soon as you get a chance. The FCTB will help with your boging in first and second. But yes it wont work with the car till you get an intake. So all in all I say intake first. ;)

Fuckis1
fuckis1

2002 Black SVT focus.
Mods: Aem CAI, Magnaflow Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JBA wires, H&R sport springs, Steeda Short Shifter and no back seats....
i hate to say it but the exhaust did not make you pick up 1/2 second in the quarter. to pick up a 1/2 second from just an exhaust is basicly impossible unless you are flowing so much air that your car is actually choaking on the exhaust restiction. chances are you picked up a 1/2 sec from a better launch or better timed shifts, not the exhaust

to see gains at the strip from such small mods you would need to be an amazing driver! I wouldn't believe such claims unless you were clocking the same ET's and the same traps on basicly every pass with a .1-2 margine for error between them with atleast 10 back to back runs with the same setup as proof. THEN and ONLY THEN, would your claim actually prove your exhaust picked you up .5sec in the 1/4!

hate to do it but... :icon_bs:
You are right that I might have had a better lanch or better timed shifts but when I had just an intake I the best time I ran out of 4 was a 16.01 and after I got my exhaust the best time I ran out of 3 was a 15.64. Yes I admit I was a little bit off when I said half a second but that is a considerable gain. <_<
fuckis1

2002 Black SVT focus.
Mods: Aem CAI, Magnaflow Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JBA wires, H&R sport springs, Steeda Short Shifter and no back seats....
driving improvement or luck.

a stock SVT should run mid/high 15s with a skilled driver.
if you switched to a 2.25" exhaust like you say, you should not have lost any power over the Stock exhaust but gain a nice tone. most SVT Specific exhausts are 2.5" which is where the power loss comes into play.

your times are too inconsistant to be used as a gauge for gains from mods. like i said before, if you were running near identical ETs and traps on every pass then you MAY see gains from mods but even so, with how much power the focus or SVT gains off of simple bolt-ons, you probably would not notice much of a difference..... maybe a couple 1/10ths if you are lucky.
If working with a basic-modest budget, try going with an AEM or Injen CAI, Ford Racing 9mm wires and stock plugs, and a FC TB. Go with a MBRP exhaust (or magnaflow if you like them better) if the budget permits (this would likely only give you a more aggressive and louder tone than stock, and no real difference in performance).

I put all of those things onto my stock Zetec, and it runs smooth, is very responsive to throttle inputs, and the car IS faster or peppier than it was without those things.

Also, I'd reccomend replacing the gearbox oil, and change the tranny oil more often than required (like every 2500-3000km's like I do)...the engine will be a happy camper...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
:huh: What do you meen should run high 15's. Car and driver said STOCK it will run 15.8. Now coming from the some of the best drivers on the road if they can only run a 15.8 I would like to see a SVT focus run mid 15's stock. My quarter times have only gotten better with more and more runs. And all in all staying vary consistent within a quarter of a second. Well you know we could go back and forth on this all day but we have totally lost the point of this thred. Agree? Check your PM ZX3tuning. Peace!! ;)
fuckis1

2002 Black SVT focus.
Marc.... FrenchConnection ran a 15.3 stock. 14.5 when he had his jrsc
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jul 22 2005, 02:40 PM Wrote:Marc.... FrenchConnection ran a 15.3 stock.  14.5 when he had his jrsc
[right][snapback]124512[/snapback][/right]

BS.... ??15.3 stock?? Please show me where you found this out. <_<
fuckis1

2002 Black SVT focus.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
aka013,Jul 25 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jul 22 2005, 02:40 PM Wrote:Marc.... FrenchConnection ran a 15.3 stock.  14.5 when he had his jrsc
[right][snapback]124512[/snapback][/right]

BS.... ??15.3 stock?? Please show me where you found this out. <_<
[right][snapback]125014[/snapback][/right]

ummmm...the driver maybe?? :rolleyes: :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Hahahahahaha Way to go mr, sarcastic. 15.3 stock. Stock as in meaning off the lot. Is that possable?? To my knowledge Ummmmmm no. What do you think so Flo??
fuckis1

2002 Black SVT focus.
If you search on Focaljet its more than possible.

there are people who ran 16 flat in a stock zx3.

he has slips to prove it... just wait for him to chime in.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
aka013,Jul 25 2005, 03:17 PM Wrote:Hahahahahaha Way to go mr, sarcastic.  15.3 stock.  Stock as in meaning off the lot.  Is that possable?? To my knowledge Ummmmmm no. What do you think so Flo??
[right][snapback]125024[/snapback][/right]

Sport compact car i belive ran a better time then 16 in the 1/4, with a good driver anything is possible. I seen stock 2004 mustang gt's break into the 13's when everyone said it was BS so

sport compact car's times
Ford SVT Focus2002, 15.8
Ford SVT Focus2003, 15.7

id go TB,intake and pullies, that's my .02 cents

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Focus-Timeslip-3367.html
15.5 bone stock besides a shifter

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Focus-Timeslip-4645.html
15.1 with a tb,borla cat back,downpipe and a short shifter.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Focus-Timeslip-5092.html
15.5 in a bone stock focus st which are less powerful then a svt

so as u can see it is possible
My Mom Says I'm Special
Those are some damn good times. I'm glad someone has done some research. Thanks to all for sparking a vary interesting conversation. All my friends drive Honda's so talking to them about a Ford is like talking to a brick wall. Except when I blow there doors off and then they just don't want to talk at all. Hehehehehe :D Mad Respek to Fuckis Canada!! Peace out Late.. ;)
fuckis1

2002 Black SVT focus.