Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Ground Effects? Wtf?
I noticed that different trims have different ground effects. For instance, zx3 have black, unpainted bottom trim... and my SE has colour coded bottom trim, both side skirts and front bumper.

Is there any definitive list, pictures, or resources describing which is which?

Thanks
I am not sure what u are reffering to, if you are talking about the ABS moldings that some of the ZX3's had before 2002(i think) then yes only zx3's came with that. Other than that the S2 edition focus was the only focus to come with somewhat of a ground effect kit. That was really only a front lip with the same side mouldings as the early zx3's.
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
well that's odd. Maybe I'm just stupid, and am looking at my rocker panels, wondering why they're body-coloured.
I think it's something like the 2000-01s had the bottom part of the bumpers black.. that might only be hatchbacks though, not sure about sedans. In 2002 the bumpers are all a solid color, but the hatchbacks still have the black plastic sideskirts. In 2003 hatchbacks no longer have sideskirts.. And then in 2005 they removed the side molding strip on the door.

I think that's about it..
Nope your right fingers... It went something like this: On the 02's and up I think all models came with bodycoloured side moldings and side skirts. On the earlier models I believe it corresponded to trim level. lx, se, and zx3 came without body coloured molding, and the higher trim levels zts and ztw came with body coloured trim and chrome hatchpiece. In addition there was what was called a limited "street edition" (which was only in yellow with black trim, and available in sedan and wagon... I believe), and then there was the S2 (only available in Liquid grey w/ polished stock rims, a lighter grey front lip, different rear spoiler, diff intererior and some snazzy decals as well.

/\/\/\/\

Its been a while so my memory is somewhat cloudy, but I think this is how the trim levels
differed.
I Vtec
ZX3's

00: black front bumper lip, black skirts, black rear bumper lip
01-02: body matched front and rear, black skirts
03-04: body matched all four

It seems in 2003 they actually got rid of the "rocker" pannels that are on the 2002's and older, and just painted the sides and didn't drill the holes needed to install the black plastic uglyness.
Run your car, not your mouth
yup. underneath the black fugly rocker panels on my 02 zx3 (which ford likes to call a side skirt) is metal with holes drilled along it for mounting. We dont even have a choice of removing them, how dumb was that?
My other ride is your Mom