Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Threw It's First Cel
I'm just over 56,000 now on my car and today it threw it's first Check Engine light... the reason why is beyond me. No changes have been made to the car since Jay installed my UDP's... that was a couple months back... the only thing that happened today that hasn't in a while is that I turned on the A/C. I did this yesterday too, but only after driving the car for a while. Today I turned on the car and turned on the air right away. Could that have anythign to do with it? It's gonna go to Ford tomorrow to have the code read, but wondering if anyone might have some insight as to what else it could be. The car drives fine despite the light.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Prolly because your flux capacitor is busted.

But seriously, theres no point asking what could be wrong, we could be here for years before we listed out all the potential problems.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jun 9 2005 Wrote:Prolly because your flux capacitor is busted.

Damnit.. and here I had my trip to Ancient egypt all planned out and ready to go... was just trying to figure out how to get a Focus up to 88 mph :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Just take it to Ford. You got warranty left dont ya.

You could also just hook up a Xcal2 or OBD2 reader if you know any one with one.
Al - I have an OBDII reader. I can read your code. Ford will probably charge you $100 for a read. I work near where Ben (BlackZX3) lives. I can bring it in to work today (Thursday) and check your code. It takes about 15 seconds. PM me for details.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I've also got my xcal2, so if you in the don mills area I can scan you.
Get it fixed before we leave tomorrow Al. If you think I'm going to push a Focus in 31 degree weather, you're sadly mistaken. :lol:
I bet its a DPFE ! :lol:
hardk0re,Jun 9 2005, 08:27 AM Wrote:I bet its a DPFE !  :lol:
[right][snapback]113506[/snapback][/right]

You're probably right!

If they think they're gonna charge me anything they're sadly mistaken. I'm not paying them for a 15 second job. I dropped it there last night. I'll see what they say.
2000 Black ZX3
Raine,Jun 9 2005, 11:50 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jun 9 2005, 08:27 AM Wrote:I bet its a DPFE !  :lol:
[right][snapback]113506[/snapback][/right]

You're probably right!

If they think they're gonna charge me anything they're sadly mistaken. I'm not paying them for a 15 second job. I dropped it there last night. I'll see what they say.
[right][snapback]113531[/snapback][/right]

What was it?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I bet its a DFPE as well
My other ride is your Mom