Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Days In Posession: 4. Problems: 1
Hello all,

I've got a 2000 SE Sedan...just noticed that when I toggle the thumb switch the "Overdrive off" light does not come on.

Anybody else experience this problem? What was the fix? I'm hoping the light burnt out :-)

Also...what is the best DIY manual for the focus...I usually buy Haynes but I thought I'd ask the experts.
No Show, No Go
the haynes manual is probably the best.

as for the o/d switch, it could be disconnected by someone who took the shifter off, happend to me when i had my auto.
'03 Focus SVT
On the highway at around 100 toggle the switch, if you don't feel anything then your switch is either not connected or not working...

If you feel the car downshift your probably just looking at a problem with the gauge cluster....

hardk0re,May 2 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:On the highway at around 100 toggle the switch, if you don't feel anything then your switch is either not connected or not working...

If you feel the car downshift your probably just looking at a problem with the gauge cluster....
[right][snapback]106020[/snapback][/right]

No downshift that I've noticed...I tired that when I figured out what the switch was for...

On the other hand the cluster seems to work...when I start the car the OD off does light up briefly...that means the bulb is ok...

I'll take it to the dealer... Erin MIlls mazda has a 30 day bumper to bumper...that should fix it...
No Show, No Go
was there not a recall on this years ago???