Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Idle
It might be caus you're a girl.. might :ph34r:

No seriously you guys think of all the big things..

What I would do first, is unplug the battery for 10 minutes.. replug the battery, go for a drive.. it might act up a bit for the first few blocks since it has to learn the mods in conjuction with the weather but it'll get used to it..

it might be just used to the summer settings and since its pretty cold, it won't learn back "that" far i think.. i had that problem at the begining of the winter.. that fixed it..

if not.. try putting your stock airbox.. could be too cold for a CAI... and water could be another problem like someone else mentioned
ZX3T gone..
I dunno about too cold for a CAI, unless you're sucking pounds of snow up it. My homegrown short ram has been flawless in -20 and worse weather so far. I think my setup is the same as j3rt's.

Maybe your alternator is starting to take a nosedive?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I honestly think it's the car starter I had installed. The car is pretty new so I can't see how the plugs are bad. I reset the ecu thingy still nothing. My CAI is an Injen one so it's not open to water or snow. Also my car stalled and turned off a few times too, so it'sot just a bad idle...it stalls!

Another reason why I think it's the starter, is when I turned my car off.... my stereo was still playing. I had to pull the battery to turn it off.

Gonna get the installer to check it out, and when it gets warmer i'll check plugs and MAF.

P.S. Who's Natasha?
Hedman Header
Hi/Flo Cat
Custom Dual Exhaust (Engine Back - 2.5"Wink
Diablo Chip (re-programmed)
APC Brake Lights are off, back to stock
OEM Aftermarket Zenon Headlights
Wings West BodyKit
FK Automotive Suspension
Front and Rear Camber Kit
17" American Racing XComp Rims
Fuzion ZRi Summer Tires
Speedhut Indiglo Dash
Steeda Shift knob and accsessories switches
JVC Head Unit
12 Disc CD Changer
Bazooka Base Tube
Injen Cold Air Intake
Progress Competition 22mm Swaybar

http://www.pbase.com/myfordfocus2/inbox
Ouch, yes car starters can be a serious pain in the ass when installed incorrectly. Who installed yours - the dealer, or an aftermarket shop?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Sounds electrical.

Have the installed starter worked over again.