Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Toy
Well I'm upgrading my head unit this spring and thought I was going to stay with a head unit/changer combo, but then my brother had one of these left at the shop he works for and they had gotten a special buy on it, so I had to take advantage of this opportunity.

[Image: hda-5460.gif]

Key Features
• 16GB Removable HDD
• Stores approximately 3,000 songs
• MP3/WMA/WAV Playback Capability
• BioLite Display
• Quick Search Function
• DJ Music Mix (Music Genre DJ Interface)
• Music Visualizer
• Mobile Multimedia Driver Software
If you want even bigger musical selection than you can get from a CD changer, here's the unit for you. A hard disc drive player that can store approximately 3,000 songs in MP3 or WMA formats and also plays back WAV files. The HDA-5460 comes with its own software for easy downloading, creating and editing playlists. A Quick Search function makes it easy to find and play songs, and DJ Playback selects and announces songs in 10 categories. Also the music visualizer graphics and sharp bright BioLite display make the graphics easy to view even in daylight.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
Pretty cool, tho I dunno if I'd like having to pull out the hdd everytime I wanted to add a few songs...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
The hdd is actually a removable cartridge behind the faceplate, it's just as easy as removing a cd. Whenever I wanted to get a couple new songs, i'd always end up waiting to have enough songs I wanted to burn a cd. I like the fact that now I can just pull out the hdd and add new songs whenever.
cool B)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
really nice,
what does something like that run?
It retails on the website for $1800, the shop had gotten a special buy on it and were selling it for $1000, but I paid alot less (about cost +5%), it was too good of a deal to pass up.
Pics kinda small who makes it?
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
It's an Alpine
when ya get it, or if ya have it snap a pic of the HDD and how it fits behind the face... this HDD market is gonna be a big hit quite soon.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Took some pics,

[Image: Imgp0126.jpg]
[Image: Imgp0127.jpg]
[Image: Imgp0129.jpg]
[Image: Imgp0128.jpg]
ohhh so beautiful.... HDD is tiny.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
I can't wait to get it in and start playing with it.
16GB HD eh? It's not SCSI, so it's a bastardized IDE 3.5" drive. Pity, they should have used a 2.5" laptop drive. Easier to make shock-tolerant, and easy to work with. Plus, saves space for more internal goodies.

Overall, a sweet deck. Congrats.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
WICKED!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Holy s**t...

someone must like bottled-water at your place...

Sweet Deck man...

What is the output like? I can get my hands on one of these pretty cheap, but doesn't it only provide rca output on the rear? I though it isn't really a full head unit and still requires a HU to operate to provide amplification and volume control to your speakers.

microbunny,Jan 29 2005, 01:54 AM Wrote:Holy s**t...

someone must like bottled-water at your place...

Sweet Deck man...
[right][snapback]81815[/snapback][/right]

^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL.. It took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were talking about
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
First off.

Empty the trash can. :blink:

Secondly, It's a great idea for a deck. I think it's rather expensive for something you can't watch a movie on.

I'll bet the features on that are enough to make anyone go insane.

Have fun!
Yes it does require a head unit, and it provides rca and alpine ai-net connections.
you have a few water bottles onteh floor :lol:

[Image: Imgp0129.jpg]
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
That's the only issue.. I would need to do quite a bit of custom work to fit another din sized deck into the focus opening..

Lately I've been trying to stealth install as much of the stuff I have hanging on the dash as possible. I installed an IP bus (Pioneer) interfaced XM receiver system so I can control and view all my XM radio stuff on the pioneer deck without a big ugly receiver sitting on one of my vent mounts. Likewise, I have an ipod that I aux-in into the deck and that sits in front of yet another vent mount which I want to remove. Pioneer is actually releasing an IPOD interface adapter this year (Alphine already has one in the market). Using the adapter, the head unit can control and play tracks/playlists from your ipod and display all the relevant information and charge the unit as the same time.

I believe this is the way to go for anybody thinking about doing an mp3 install (Pioneer and Alpine HU's only...)
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)