Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo Maaaddd
SO I bought a SHM header off a guy on focusfanatics its a full raceheader. Neways I got it today and.......its the wrong bloody one, the bolts seem to match up but the flange at the bottom is a 3 holed flange and the pipe is too short it won't reach the flex pipe. To add to that is NO 02 SENSORS?!?!?! newhere the guy says that an SHM flex will bolt up to it anybody ever seen a SHM header and know what I am talking about or???am i just sscrewed

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/bcr69/DCP_0687.jpg'>[Image: DCP_0687.jpg]</a>
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I think you have to buy the extension/flex from focussport.com
nope is a three bolt flange at the bottom not a two bolt... :angry:
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
sadly this was a common problem with the SHM stuff, you had to buy their flex in order to make it work.
as for the no o2 bungs, you can get them welded in at any good muffler shop as well as getting the 3 bolt flange converted to a 2 bolt and lengthed to the corect size.

hope it works out but i would give the person who sold it to you some bad feedback about not giving you all the details on the part.
SHM :lol: &lt;_&lt;
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Thats crap,why would they require so much modification? I guess with a race header maybe they expect you to relocate your cat and the O2 sensor?

almost seems like those OBX ebay headers are better than that, at least they have O2 sensors... :lol:
That guy was trying to sell that header for ages. I saw it posted on FF a few times. I asked him about it too, and when I saw the pic the end looked &quot;stubby&quot; compared to say a focussport race header and he even posted in his original sale thread ages ago I think that you would need shm parts to make it work. Looks like you are gonna be in for some modding to make that bad boy work dude. Shitty deal man.
Run your car, not your mouth
Here it is he actually says it too:

&quot;the sean hylaand flex will bolt up to it, they make 3 hole flanges. this will not bolt up to a factory flex because it is to short. I have been in contact with a guy on FJ who has used this header, he had a gutted cat that bolts up. hes selling it for $25.&quot;

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=26281

thats from the sellers mouth himself. Looks like he has his ass covered.

Ok... wait I read the last page of the thread.... Hmm.. its NOT a SHM header? Yikes... Hope you get this resolved...
Run your car, not your mouth
resolved, brian (the seller) is a really nice guy played innocent in all of this he was just giving thee description he got form ebay neways he refunded my money I just have to ship it back..
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I actually sold that guy some stuff this past summer, he definitely is a good guy for sure. Glad you got it worked out somewhat. Jarrod, check into Focus Central for a race header, they seem to be the top ones out there plus I have yet to hear of any fitment issues on them. People praise them over at FF.com.