Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Recognize This Blingy Focus?
Ass,Oct 1 2004, 03:04 PM Wrote:you all need to stop confusing RICE with what YOU do not like. Calling stuff that isn't your cup of tea rice is fairly narrow minded of all of you.
During the 70's - 90's and still sometimes today in Oakville we would call that ugly looking thing Portugese and it belongs on Kerr St. Any of you who grew up in Oakville during those times just might know what I'm talking about.

Kids now say things look rice, bad or good.

Rice is a term for anyone to use to explain anything in anyway they want, dad. :P
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
2001 ZTS,Oct 1 2004, 04:41 PM Wrote:
thabrat,Oct 1 2004, 10:19 PM Wrote:AHHH why is it always the "older people" taking a slang word and just brutalizing the meaning behind it... Its like the words stoked and sick.
Some things are timeless and others are fads. A few years from now everyone of those people, who don't already, will look at things like clear doors & scissor hoods won't be saying "sick" or "stoked" anymore, they'll be saying "WTF was I thinking". :lol:
LOL so true. its like how I used to think APC tails were nice lol now im like wtf was i thinking..
That car is rice hardcore, handsdown, and a blow to the focus car comunity. My sig tell you who I am and this car by far is rice.

People say its an art expressing yourself .....whatever, just like when some dudes got 300 pearsings and says "hey man its an art it expresses me", well f uck when you cant talk or have a fear of getting hooked on something and ripping a pearsing out then what kinda of art is it, its dangerous and prevents you from doing alot of things and bolts are for machines not for humans . Its just like cars you buy one Rice the dam out of it with needless parts that are either copies from other cars or parts that look functional but they arent, what is the point?, there is no art in it your just trying to copy a look or incorporate many looks of other cars into one. APC tail lights (yes I had a pair on my sedan) everyone had them and then I sat back and was like "WTF my car is a focus not an IS300 or altezza and its an american/euro car". I look at cars like Tha Brats and Mitch's and say man those are sweet cars and the reason is is because the cars are done up with european parts, parts that were off a car that they introduced here after a 2 years of being in Europe.These part dont replicate other car companies cars but replicate a car that is the same as ours but with smaller bumpers or a little bit different curves. When people from our club see the cars they say "man thats a bumper off a euro focus thats awesome", and you know what thats the way it should be not like some kids I see and there jaws drop when they see a loud prelude drive into the lot sounding like its goin 200km/h and hes really doin 20, Im like wTf is this rice machine 19 inch rims and 3 ft high spoiler..................19s are for trucks and 3ft high spoilers are for F1 cars needless to say once he leaves the lot and lets it rip Im right there behind him and moving over to the next lane to pass him . Dont get me wrong I love looks too but it has to be done to be functional and make the car still preserve its identity. One example is 17" rims on our cars I like them but I would want them to wiegh less then stock and I want to be able to take the car to the track and then enhance the look a bit.

Clear hood ghey and pointless, lambo doors GHEY and should stay on Lambos
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.